Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

2 minutes ago, WheelSnipeCelly said:

Boldy, Mojo, Spurgeon all with the uncharacteristic -3 for the night so far. That was a brutal period. Feel like this is on Deano for going with Fleury. I get that he didn't change the goalies last playoffs soon enough, but feels like he overcorrected this go-around. Why would you swap goalies when the Gus Bus did all that could be asked of him and more last game?

I don’t hate Deano's MAF choice.  Deck was stacked against us tonight.  DAL came out buzzing (predictable) and the barn is rocking (predictable).  Case could be made that MAF was trotted out as sacrificial lamb. 
seeing MAF go full wet noodle thru two periods makes it impossible to feel sorry for him

Happiest camper: Gus’ agent

With the Wild missing their top 2 centers, and the Stars completely desperate, I thought there was a good chance this one wouldn't go well, so I don't mind Fleury taking the L. Gus can right the ship back on home ice with a strong game 3 and both Hartman and JEE can hopefully get healthy enough to play at a high level before the series returns to Dallas.

1 minute ago, Pewterschmidt said:

I don’t hate Deano's MAF choice.  Deck was stacked against us tonight.  DAL came out buzzing (predictable) and the barn is rocking (predictable).  Case could be made that MAF was trotted out as sacrificial lamb. 
seeing MAF go full wet noodle thru two periods makes it impossible to feel sorry for him

No kidding!

1 minute ago, jgodwin17 said:

Can't believe Boston lost to the Panthers.

I think the other teams who have been on the same level of success as Boston has been in the regular season have flamed out and didn't get far in the playoffs. I know the Lightning team who's record (can't remember if points or wins) they topped was a first round exit.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if they lost the series.

4 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

As I commented at the outset regarding MAF, I didn't agree with the choice, but didn't hate it either. However, if Dean-O came into this game expecting to lose that would be damning. 

Edited by UK_Soldier

Dallas was going to come out smoking tonight.  MAF was the best decision.  If Goose2 got lit up tonight, what would that do for his confidence?  But, now that it's 6-3, this game isn't over yet.  We have 1 period to take runs at players and wear them down.  

This would be a good time to settle things with Suter.  

Anyone got any slapshot gifs?

• Like 1

The Wild gave up a shorty within the first 5 minutes. Can't play sloppy against good teams. They did escape the period only down by one but  penalties and crummy goaltending will sink you. It's hard to put on the coaches if you asked me because MAF hasn't been horrible. It's not like he was commonly allowing 5+ goals.

Bad game for him, sloppy game for Wild execution. Dallas came out with something to prove and they've been successful. Getting PPs and grade As makes it nice. MN has already done enough to deserve to lose.

5 minutes ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

With the Wild missing their top 2 centers, and the Stars completely desperate, I thought there was a good chance this one wouldn't go well, so I don't mind Fleury taking the L. Gus can right the ship back on home ice with a strong game 3 and both Hartman and JEE can hopefully get healthy enough to play at a high level before the series returns to Dallas.

Wishful thinking but they need to get back to their defensive structured game.

4 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Dallas was going to come out smoking tonight.  MAF was the best decision.  If Goose2 got lit up tonight, what would that do for his confidence?  But, now that it's 6-3, this game isn't over yet.  We have 1 period to take runs at players and wear them down.  

This would be a good time to settle things with Suter.  

Anyone got any slapshot gifs?

Again...didn't necessarily a problem with MAF starting, but best decision? I didn't and now don't know that's true. You saying Gus would have gotten rocked like this? I don't think so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_Soldier said:

Again...didn't necessarily a problem with MAF starting, but best decision? I didn't and now don't know that's true. You saying Gus would have gotten rocked like this? I don't think so. 

I think he gives up at least 4