Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

2 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Something hasn't been right with him since last year's injury

Disagree wholeheartedly. Dumba has been playing his best hockey since his pec injury. He's focused on defense since his benching and has made little to no mistakes and has been extremely solid (still not $6mil solid) for the past few months. As soon as he quit focusing on contributing on offense, everything got better for him. This has thoroughly been outlined by the beat writers.  

Just now, Backwoodsbob said:

Let's see the welcome he receives back at the X'!

Glad the boys at least gave him a good hit and some crap. As long as we don't play stupid and jeopardize the game, I think they really need to lay into him at the X.

Just now, UK_Soldier said:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Dumba has been playing his best hockey since his pec injury. He's focused on defense since his benching and has made little to no mistakes and has been extremely solid (still not $6mil solid) for the past few months. As soon as he quit focusing on contributing on offense, everything got better for him. This has thoroughly been outlined by the beat writers.  

100%. He has looked really solid most of the season and been great in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_Soldier said:

Oh I agree with you on his defense has been better but his puck handling, especially when being pressured, tends to lose control more often this year.

1 minute ago, Backwoodsbob said:

Oh I agree with you on his defense has been better but his puck handling, especially when being pressured, tends to lose control more often this year.

You might be right, but it's not what I've observed. Everything he's been doing to include breaking out of his own zone has been better IMO. I'm a noted Dumba detractor BTW from years gone by even when he was scoring, but I love what he's been doing this year. 

1 minute ago, UK_Soldier said:

How the hell did Freddy end up +2 in this mess. Ha. 

...the whole L3 did. Looks like they needed more minutes. 

Line 3 was the only group really playing well in my opinion. I thought out defensemen did a pretty good job clearing out Fleury's bad rebounds and what not, and I don't think they really played fault in many of the goals, but the other three lines all looked terrible at defensive coverage.......and MAF was atrocious.

• Like 2