Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

Just now, dlhouse said:

Yep no point in putting in Gus now. Save him for valuable games.

Just now, UK_Soldier said:

No. Leave him in and don't let MAF go again this series unless it get's rough for Gus. 

Fair enough. Drastic difference in composure between the two goalies. I like Fleury and all, but sometimes he feels like he makes things more complicated than they need to be...

Just now, WheelSnipeCelly said:

Fair enough. Drastic difference in composure between the two goalies. I like Fleury and all, but sometimes he feels like he makes things more complicated than they need to be...

Always. That's always been him and I don't know if complicated is even the right word. I'd say hap-hazard and unpredictable. I remember making fun of him for that when the Wild played the Knights in the playoffs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it most certainly does not. I know if I were a defensemen who I'd rather play in front of, and it's not him. Anyone that says any of those defensemen think otherwise are f'ing nuts. 

Boldy, Mojo, Spurgeon all with the uncharacteristic -3 for the night so far. That was a brutal period. Feel like this is on Deano for going with Fleury. I get that he didn't change the goalies last playoffs soon enough, but feels like he overcorrected this go-around. Why would you swap goalies when the Gus Bus did all that could be asked of him and more last game?

This is the second playoff flameout by MAF in two years.  I’d be surprised if BG hasn’t seen enough. It’s like having a field goal kicker who repeatedly misses 30 yarders at end of tie games. Can only watch that so many times before the humane thing to do is to not let him be put in that situation anymore.  We’re there with MAF

2 minutes ago, jgodwin17 said:

He tries to make everything a dramatic production. FFS sometimes you just need to be in position and let the damn puck hit you.

He's a relic. Refuses to play the butterfly style and flops around like a flounder for textbook saves. He's completely clueless and out of position all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pewterschmidt said:

This is the second playoff flameout by MAF in two years.  I’d be surprised if BG hasn’t seen enough. It’s like having a field goal kicker who repeatedly misses 30 yarders at end of tie games. Can only watch that so many times before the humane thing to do is to not let him be put in that situation anymore.  We’re there with MAF

He should have seen enough prior to this game. It's not enough some nobody you got from Ottawa massively outplayed him all year? BG is just so full of himself that he can't admit he made a mistake by trading for him. He's too prideful and MAF is the hill he chooses to die on.