Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

1 minute ago, jgodwin17 said:

Also going to disagree with Carter. Hintz and Benn have been great, Robertson has been invisible.

The more I watch Robo the more unimpressed I am. I called him an average skater in an earlier post, after this game, I would say less so after watching this game. Again, he's smart, has a good shot, and good line-mates. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Don't forget how much mentoring MAF has done with Gustavsson this season.  He's had a habit of doing that with his backups.  For Gustavsson to watch MAF get hammered and still keep playing through it, this is a lesson for him how to handle it. 

We're not going to win every game in this series, I don't mind the blowout. We should be pretty salty on Friday

Right. Good for Gustaffson to watch MAF to learn how not to play goalie.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pewterschmidt said:

Those drunk Texans are singing like it’s a soccer game

They were goalie chanting MAF after the first goal which is a bit much, but in hindsight...I'll call it prophetic. Better to have lively crowds than how the X generally is. 

Just now, UK_Soldier said:

Kick his ass KK97. Bet Robo can't fight either. Looks wobbly/off balance on his skates. 

Robo was not only losing the puck to, but getting physically dominated by Spurgeon, who he has like 4-5 inches and 35 pounds on. He's physically weak, or at least doesn't make use of what strength he has.

3 minutes ago, dlhouse said:

Right. Good for Gustaffson to watch MAF to learn how not to play goalie.

when you're a 24 year old goaltender, you've got to learn how not to lose confidence. You learn a lot when you lose. This is just a cheap lesson for him, since he doesn't have to feel bad about letting the guys down.

1 minute ago, mnfaninnc said:

when you're a 24 year old goaltender, you've got to learn how not to lose confidence. You learn a lot when you lose. This is just a cheap lesson for him, since he doesn't have to feel bad about letting the guys down.

Feels like this would be a better lesson for the regular season, but I don't actually think Gus needs this lesson.