Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

21 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

Boldy centering 2nd line.  Fleury starting

I guess Deano learned from last year’s static lineup throughout series.   He’s going to get nuts this year

(Hartman out)

I don't agree with MAF starting after what Gus did in game 1, but don't mind I guess. Hope he has one of those MAF games where he plays out of his mind and not a stinker. 

Not sure about the move of Boldly to center though...

Anyone know what the issue with Hartman is?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UK_Soldier said:

I don't agree with MAF starting after what Gus did in game 1, but don't mind I guess. Hope he has one of those MAF games where he plays out of his mind and not a stinker. 

I’m guessing that Evason feels like he’s playing with house money, having won game one and then betting on the chance that Fleury plays out of his mind tonight to steal a second game

don't agree with MAF starting after what Gus did in game 1

As someone who was adamant that Gus deserved game 1, I like this move. The last game was extra long and this one is going to be a tough one.

Going to need both goalies, so keep Fleury involved for this high pressure game, but definitely bring Gus back for game 3.

Guessing it's Hartman's knee. Boldy is the emergency C. MAF call is a good call.

Goalies typically lose a lot of water each start. Imagine a 2 OT game! MAF is fresh, and he gets to see the sight lines in Dallas (it's different in the playoffs with all the towels the fans wave). 

If you're going to have depth in goal, then use it or it isn't depth!

Yeah, that carry in, and then trying to throw it back to Spurgeon when there was three Stars players between them........Also Fleury needed to come out to challenge that more.

Pretty shocked they decided to start Fleury. Don't think we are going to win one with him in net against Oettinger.

Wild have had the better of chances so far though if that counts for anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jgodwin17 said:

Yeah, that carry in, and then trying to throw it back to Spurgeon when there was three Stars players between them........Also Fleury needed to come out to challenge that more.

Pretty shocked they decided to start Fleury. Don't think we are going to win one with him in net against Oettinger.

Wild have had the better of chances so far though if that counts for anything.

Agree.  I get what they’re trying to do.  But, that only works if Fleury were still a good goalie.  He’s not.

• Like 2