Hockey Wilderness

Article: Game 2 Gamethread: Wild at Stars (8:30 p.m.)

2 minutes ago, jgodwin17 said:

I do think the Stars have a much better chance to win, even before the game started. But Fleury could have played the breakaway much better.

He had no chance on the tip.

That's fair-the shots have been a bit difficult. I was expecting a Stars win regardless too. We won the first one because Gus basically stole it. So the decision is to bench our best player for the next one? Makes no sense.

Just now, dlhouse said:

That's fair-the shots have been a bit difficult. I was expecting a Stars win regardless too. We won the first one because Gus basically stole it. So the decision is to bench our best player for the next one? Makes no sense.

I still think 100% we should have played Gus. If we were to go back to St. Paul 2-0 I don't think the Stars could recover.

• Like 1

Just now, dlhouse said:

Seems like he can do what Zuccarello is supposed to be doing. Pretty good setup man off the wing

Doing waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than Zucc in that regard. And he was hurt for 3/4 of the year. The last two years of Zucc's contract are going to f'ing hurt. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_Soldier said:

Doing waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than Zucc in that regard. And he was hurt for 3/4 of the year. The last two years of Zucc's contract are going to f'ing hurt. 

He should do fine during the regular season but the playoffs are a different beast! He's getting handled. Needs to be finding space.

4 minutes ago, UK_Soldier said:

Can't imagine Dean would ever try it, but I'd be interested to see how he does with Kap on the top line

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_Soldier said:

Let bygones be bygones. He did apologize to Spurgeon about that...and lest you forget what Spurgeon did last year against the Blues. 

It was more of a joke than anything. Nyquist isn't a dirty player in general, and yes what Spurgeon did against the Blues last year was totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

While starting MAF may not do much for us in this game, going forward it should help wear down Oettinger.  Remember, this is a 7 game series.

Have we been throwing the body at all? If this gets out of hand, start targeting players. 

I would focus on Hintz, Robertson, Suter, Heiskanen, and Benn.

Just now, mnfaninnc said:

Catch me up, guys.  How'd the 1st goal get scored?  How'd we get a double minor?

Had to watch Canes in OT until ESPN2 got freed up.

Hintz scored a shorty off a bad entry by the Wild when (Didn't see who it was.....Boldy?) tried to pass the puck to Spurgeon through three Stars players. The second was on a double minor when Middleton highsticked Domi and drew (a single tiny) drop of blood.

2 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

How'd the 1st goal get scored?  How'd we get a double minor?

Kaprizov tried dropping a pass back to Spurgeon in a crowd just after a zone entry on the PP, but Hintz came away from the crowd with it and beat Fleury with a straight quick wrist shot over the glove--first shot against Fleury of the game was on that breakaway.

Middleton drew blood on a high stick when a Dallas player lifted his stick into the face of the Stars player for the double-minor. Wild had done well on the kill, but a deflection right in front slipped through Fleury's legs.

1 minute ago, mnfaninnc said:

While starting MAF may not do much for us in this game, going forward it should help wear down Oettinger.  Remember, this is a 7 game series.

Have we been throwing the body at all? If this gets out of hand, start targeting players. 

I would focus on Hintz, Robertson, Suter, Heiskanen, and Benn.

Good hits from the Wild. 17 in the 1st period. Dallas 1st goal was SH turnover. 2nd was a Dallas PP during the 2nd of the double minor.