Your daily dose of Wild news, along with other interesting stories from around the NHL.
The time has come. We feel it in our bones. It is yet another (the 10th time in 11 years, in fact) morning before the Minnesota Wild play their first game of a first-round series that we are not the most confident in.
Up against the Dallas Stars this season, the Wild are technically 2-2-0 with a perfect net-zero goal differential, but without Joel Eriksson Ek to shut down some forwards like Jason Robertson, Joe Pavelski, Roope Hintz, etc., this team feels less likely to win than what the regular season record is telling us.
Don't get us wrong, we are extremely excited for this first round to happen and we are going to try to stay optimistic before the puck drops for every single game of this series. It's just hard to see what the Stars did this season and not have "logic" and "reason" and "numbers" creep into your brain and force you to have some doubt.
Anyways, one of the best two-week period in hockey is starting!
- With the playoffs here, now is the time to catch up on all the questions, thoughts, and ideas we have regarding this first-round series with the Dallas Stars.
- Kirill Kaprizov isn't focusing on his individual performance in the upcoming playoffs, but just getting the victories. [StarTribune]
- How Filip Gustavsson turned himself into a star. [Pioneer Press]
Off the trail...
- Elsewhere, these playoffs are going to have some pretty damn good series in every round. All 16 teams deserve the spot. [ESPN]
- The Vancouver Canucks have really messed up Tanner Pearson and the forward has had to have multiple surgeries on his hand. Now, he's just hoping to return to normal. [Daily Faceoff]
- Ranking each first-round playoff series by entertainment value. [CBS Sports]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.