- In a recent mailbag on The Athletic, Michael Russo and Joe Smith were asked if there would be someone traded from the Minnesota Wild that would be a surprise. Russo said Marcus Foligno, given his $3.1-million cap hit and pending free agency next summer. Smith said Fleury, also a free agent next summer, and with a $3.5-million cap hit but has control of where he goes and pondered if Sidney Crosby will ask if he wants to come back to Pittsburgh. Interesting! [The Athletic]
- On the same note, we explored what options the Wild even have to clear cap space if they want to try and improve the team this summer. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild players have always said that this is a wonderful locker room full of nice men. So, the locker room culture should probably be a factor in the Wild's decision making. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- The Seattle Kraken fell to the Dallas Stars in Game 7 and the conference finals are set. The Carolina Hurricanes and Florida Panthers will battle in the East, and the Stars and Vegas Golden Knights will go at it in the West. [CBS Sports]
- There are some big holes on benches around the NHL. Who is going to be potentially in charge of those teams needing a bench boss? [ESPN]
- At the exit press conference, all members of the Toronto Maple Leafs core were adamant that they wanted to stay, despite the team being a disappointment yet again. [Yahoo Sports]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.