Image courtesy of © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports
Your daily dose of Wild news, along with other interesting stories from around the NHL.
- In a scathing column that pulled no punches, The Athletic's Joe Smith counterpoints Minnesota Wild GM Bill Guerin saying that this season was not actually a failure, by stating that regardless of any other successes, another first-round loss counts as a failure. What say you? [The Athletic]
- Speaking of Guerin, it was his roster construction and dependency on role players to play above what was expected that ended up failing his star players like Kirill Kaprizov and Matt Boldy. [Hockey Wilderness]
- And another thing on Guerin: He used octane booster when the Wild needed premium gas. [Hockey Wilderness]
- It might be the question we ask ourselves all summer long, but where do Marco Rossi and Calen Addison fit with this team? [Pioneer Press]
Off the trail...
- Elsewhere, let's dive into what we have seen and what we have learned about some teams in the playoffs so far. [ESPN]
- Recently retired P.K. Subban is taking heat for Lizzo joke. [Yahoo Sports]
- Tampa Bay Lightning netminder Andrei Vasilevskiy said he struggled with the major workload he had this season. [NBC Sports]
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.