It's the moment we have all been waiting for during this Minnesota Wild preseason. No, not seeing Marco Rossi on the top line or Jesper Wallstedt in between the pipes -- the Wild are officially releasing an alternate jersey this Saturday.
There were already reports and rumors that the Wild would return to the colors of the "Reverse Retro" jerseys from the past few years, for a third, alternate jersey. Now, with a video of some paint pouring down the Wild logo, we get a little bit more confirmation.
They most likely will not be exactly like either of the past two renditions of the North Star-themed "Reverse Retro" sweaters, but will have those colors and maybe some patches included here and there.
- The Wild's training camp has begun and now we're all just left wondering about lineup decisions. With the addition of Patrick Maroon and Jujhar Khaira, is Connor Dewar going to be lost in the shuffle as Dean Evason strives for a more physical bottom-six? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Speaking of training camp, here are six players that you should really pay attention to how they're doing during the next couple of weeks: [The Hockey News]
- Kirill Kaprizov has been working on his English and did his entire first interview with the media in his second tongue. But in English or Russian, Kaprizov can let everyone know that he is "ready." [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- Bold predictions for all 32 teams as training camps open up and we get the first preseason action this weekend. [ESPN]
- The $950-million sale of the Ottawa Senators to Michael Andlauer has been officially approved by the NHL and that franchise can now move forward with higher aspirations. [Bleacher Report]
- Connor McDavid is starting training camp with one of his old buddies on his line: Connor Brown. Brown signed in Edmonton this offseason and while he didn't say it out loud, one of the reasons must of have been to play with McDavid, his former teammate on the OHL's Erie Otters. [TSN]
- Valeri Nichushkin has broken his silence on an incident that happened in Seattle, that led to him leaving mid-series against the Kraken last spring. [Yahoo Sports]
- Erik Karlsson opens up Pittsburgh Penguins training camp talking a lot about his hope for the season. [NHL dot com]