- The Minnesota Wild played and won in a non-broadcasted preseason game against the Colorado Avalanche. While Kirill Kaprizov stole the obvious spotlight scoring two goals, one player that seemed to impress those in attendance was Marco Rossi, a player that desperately needs to carve his own spot on the roster.
- The Wild have three of their veterans -- Marcus Foligno, Mats Zuccarello, and Ryan Hartman -- set to hit unrestricted free agency this summer. Maybe the best option is to bring them back to surround a young core with some stable pieces. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Wild owner Craig Leipold is not shy about his expectations for this team, despite the financial limitations they have. [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- Could some players have a mid-career breakout in the NHL this year? We have seen it happen before where all a player needed was the right scenario with the right players in the right environment. Here are some candidates that could do that: [ESPN]
- Patrick Kane is still a free agent, so what are some of the best landing spots for the winger? [Yahoo Sports]
- Well, the battle for supremacy in the Eastern Conference just got a lot more interesting. Tampa Bay Lightning netminder Andrei Vasilevskiy will be out for at least 10 weeks as he recovers from surgery. The Lightning have no one capable to even come close to replacing him, so what happens now? [NHL dot com]
- Nathan MacKinnon is one intense guy, but maybe that's what has made him capable of leading a team to a Stanley Cup. He even sometimes tries to hold some of it back, at times. [The Hockey News]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.