- Pat Maroon spoke with the media after the trade that brought him to the Minnesota Wild. He said it was "meant to be" and appears to be super excited to be here. [The Athletic]
- At the NHL Draft last week, the Wild were just a couple picks away from selecting Oliver Moore (who is from here) but he ended up going to the divisional rival Chicago Blackhawks. Picks weren't getting traded that much, but how could they let that happen? [Hockey Wilderness]
- We should probably get ready for Marco Rossi to really make this summer count and be ready to make a name in the NHL this season. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Free agency kicked off over the weekend and we saw some names going to big teams. Let's look at how well each team did. [ESPN]
- First, someone reported that John Gibson wanted no part of the Anaheim Ducks in the 2023-24 season. But now, his agent refutes that statement in a pretty dramatic way. [Yahoo Sports]
- Alex DeBrincat probably won't be on the Ottawa Senators' roster next season, but the team is having some difficulty moving him because the cap is so damn tight. [THN]