Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Are Bouncing Back From Their Worst-Case Scenario

Luke Sims

Winning games they should win will be pretty important from here on out. 

They're gonna need to win some they shouldn't if they're gonna make up ground. 

Boldy needs to find his mojo. Mojo needs to get season ending diarrhea and go on LTIR. Why do some players get so complacent and just non-factor it up for whole stretches of the season. So weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is an underrated reason for Deano's firing.

Oh boy, Freddy Gaudreau has been dreadful. The 30-year-old has only two points through 11 games while dealing with injuries. Gaudreau has struggled in the first year of his five-year extension. Gaudreau is last on the team in expected goals while also having the highest expected goals against on the team with 4.17. He isn’t the defensively responsible player he typically is. Hopefully, for Gaudreau and the Wild’s sake, Fred can get healthy and return to being an effective two-way player. 

3 hours ago, FredJohnson said:

Wasn't the Nashville win one? The Preds were on a 6 game win streak.

Yeah, I'd say so. Losing to Ottawa or Calgary tomorrow would not be okay. Before the end of this month, I'd like to see the Wild win almost all their games or else they're still kinda weak.

They got Calgary(2), Edmonton, Vancouver(2), Seattle, and Pittsburgh. If they go 5-2 I'm optimistic. If they are 3-4, I'll probably begin to think the Hynes firing was just a flash in the pan. I think it's possible because so many Wild players were playing bad. If Gus and Boldy got going that would be big. If Mojo does anything and Fred wins a shootout or two it's doable. Guerin will wanna get a win against the Pens I think.

1 hour ago, Protec said:

Losing to Ottawa or Calgary tomorrow would not be okay. Before the end of this month, I'd like to see the Wild win almost all their games or else they're still kinda weak.

I'll wait to see the actual performance and not just the outcomes of the games. They can win every game and still have me concerned/disappointed. (Or the opposite (or something in between 😋).)

43 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

What’s the trick to adding gif’s while using iPhone.  When I press the gif icon it always says “search didn’t find anything”

Not quite sure. Some Gifs auto-magically pop in when I put the web address into the comment box.

Some don't.

16 hours ago, FredJohnson said:

I'll wait to see the actual performance and not just the outcomes of the games. They can win every game and still have me concerned/disappointed. (Or the opposite (or something in between 😋).)

Yes. The Colorado loss wasn't too bad. Toronto losses weren't embarrassing. 

Losing to Ottawa, Philly, CBJ, Dallas were all ugly. I can accept a close game or loss with some ENGs but the Wild are behind the 8-ball.

Need to beat Pacific teams coming up.

• Like 1