Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marcus Foligno Is Doing His Part

Luke Sims

I’m not ready to start hating on Foligno, but I don’t see a consistent contribution from him in the form of making hockey plays.  Almost zero offensive contribution.  And without Ek and greenway I don’tsee much shut down defense.  With Rossi (offense minded forwards) he’s just flying around throwing himself into the glass for three periods.  That’sa contribution but not something we need around for 5 more years, at that price.  Good teams have these 25 yr old energy guys @850k / yr

Edited by Pewterschmidt
  • Like 3

It seems like GMBG is giving this team a chance to stay together and try to win. If they can’t do it, the reasons are on the organization as a whole because the players have shown good enough to get their contracts.(not way under or over market value.)

If it doesn’t work too long changes will be necessary. With the cap going up, I don’t think Guerin will be too handcuffed. He’ll move some guys I think, if it sours this season.

• Like 1

Foligno's been one of the few bright spots this season.  He and Rossi managed to both shut down and contribute offensive, while playing with intensity.  That's all without Gaudreau being involved due to injury.  I think Foligno is looking to put last season behind him, and is playing well.  Rossi's getting a new opportunity, but I think Moose will be fine working with other people.

Edited by Citizen Strife
Misspelling
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Protec said:

If it doesn’t work too long changes will be necessary. With the cap going up, I don’t think Guerin will be too handcuffed. He’ll move some guys I think, if it sours this season.

With all the NMCs/NTCs, who gets moved though?  Many of the players who don't have those are players we should probably keep (Ek, Faber, Rossi, etc).

15 hours ago, raithis said:

With all the NMCs/NTCs, who gets moved though?  Many of the players who don't have those are players we should probably keep (Ek, Faber, Rossi, etc).

God forbid the NHL decides to expand again. With all the NTC/NMC contracts the Wild have they may have to hire guys just to be draft eligible.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, raithis said:

I am just guessing but with the cap going up and Goligoski expiring, there should be enough money to add a player. 

With Fluery and perhaps Merrill there should be enough to sign Deweys. 

I'm looking at Gus & Mojo right now, thinking Gus could be traded and Johannssonn moved into the V.Rask zone if he continues to do little allowing Beckman, Lettierrii or Walker into a role. Yurov perhaps or Haight. 

I think Guerin would be in a tight spot if the guys he signed continue to languish but not insurmountable and only for a short time til the penalties end. 

I think we all expect to see more from Boldy & Mojo plus Gus. Right now that's 10M of guys who aren't doing much or haven't done much this season. Higher expectations, yes we need them to be much better and I think they can do it.