Hockey Wilderness

Article: Who Can Fill Dumba's Skates As Alternate Captain?

Luke Sims

32 minutes ago, M_Nels said:

My vote goes to Ek also. If Moose can’t get his penalty issues from late in the season/playoffs under control then I would be fine stripping an A from him and giving it to KK97. 

I third Ek. And I think Moose with the A is still fine. He had a down year, but I imagine how frustrating it was with his GREEF line being disbanded as well as dealing with injury for over half the season. He will bounce back, and is still a huge part of that locker room.

• Like 8

There's NO DOUBT, NO QUESTION, HANDS DOWN.....EEK!

Agreed on all above responses and points in the article. I like the idea of the article to call it out. There's no one out there who would disagree.

EEK is home grown, dedicated, loyal, leads by example, true to the State of Hockey, branded with more grit than anyone on the team. The guy you want on your team and hate to play against if your on the other bench, but respected by all players on both sides and I would say the one ice officials also from games I've watched.

He will trade that "A" for a "C" in the near future years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, M_Nels said:

My vote goes to Ek also. If Moose can’t get his penalty issues from late in the season/playoffs under control then I would be fine stripping an A from him and giving it to KK97. 

The letter shouldnt be about the contribution in the room, but the ability to converse with the Zebras, and get explanations of why calls were/were not being made in order to (hopefully) keep your team out of the sin bin while making sure balanced calls were being made.

Moose in the Dallas series was not the guy you wanted to be in the Zebra's ears. 

I think Ekker has the balance of a passionate player, while also remaining calm enough not to piss off the zebras with his, to paraphrase Dumba,  'punchable dopey face'

• Like 5