Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Filip Gustavsson Contract Edging Closer

Poor Ottawa, they just can't keep players there. You'd think there'd be more national pride in playing in their capitol city, but maybe not.

Is it the area or is it something else like ownership that has people wanting to leave?

-------------------------------

When it comes to resigning Goose2, I always thought it was a matter of when not if. You just don't let a young goalie like that go, you resign him. Goose2 is part of the "after cap hell" plan. Let's just hope he can keep progressing. 

Has anyone heard anything about a Goligoski retirement? Seems to me, based upon what we saw last season, he's cooked. It would be nice to have that $2m back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNCountryLife said:

I have to admit I didn't think it was likely they could/would sign Gus.  I am happy to be wrong here.  I'll be very curious as to the amount he signs for.

Russo said last week, they would willing to pay him 3.5 mill per year. So I would imagine it won't be any less than that.  To much for the short window we've seen him play well.

• Like 2