Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Once Again Forgot To Bring Killer Instinct In the Playoffs

Tony Abbott

I started preparing myself after the loss yesterday...

spacer.png

This is just like the last 2 years where we steal a road game, but can't keep the home ice...

Also doesn't help our PK is hot garbage at 56% in the last 4 games. We need Ek back so bad right now.

• Like 1

I was at the game last night and had some observations.

I’m willing to bet Kap is hurt. He looks noticeably slower, is gingerly moving around and doesn’t have that big grin on his face like he usually does.

I noticed the Wild played great the first quarter but as soon as they got scored on they started to give up on playing defense at times. Its crazy that they weren’t scored on more on 5 on 5

They need to have the mindset that,  if they continue to work hard good things will happen.

they lost heart and let guys skate in their zone unchallenged.They almost completely stopped being physical after being scored on.

did anyone notice how many of their passes  were to players that weren’t there at the end of the game? They panicked which made things worse.

The penalties were some of the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

Usually the zebras let them play in the playoffs so idk what the hell was going on there, it was absolutely terrible.

this team is really missing Ek right now.

really wish Boldy would step up, he created some decent chances but he really hasn’t been a factor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Backwoodsbob said:

I think the missed opportunities is what was the difference in the game. Score on one of the breakaways and it's a different game with the deafening crowd involved would invigorate the players to another level just like game 3. IMHO

PK must be better too. Better yet, STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!

Edited by Backwoodsbob
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

Colorado is going to play at least 6 games, quite possibly 7, so they shouldn't be overly rested for the team that advances from this series.

Watching parts of their games they are also in a grinder. The kraken, from what I have been seeing in snip its, have been leaning on them heavy. Their D core is large and I think wearing out the Avs forwards. The avs are also relying heavily on top 2 lines, lines  3 and 4 are getting around 10 min a night each. I think the next round is going to be between 2 teams who went through a war in round 1, no matter who makes it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

When the refs put Foligno in the box for clean hits, it makes it tough.

Did the Wild take 1 legitimate penalty in that game?

Right?? 

I mean the PK needs to do its damn job, but the refs were just calling penalties to call them it seemed like. 

• Like 1

If the Wild score when they have good chances it could have been 2-3 goals up half way through the game. It would have negated having Foligno needing to start throwing his body around carelessly enough to draw attention to himself. IOW the penalties on him were not totally unjustified. If we are ahead we play a different game.

The 0-5 is a troubling stat in the Guerin-Evason era.  Personally, I think this is more Evason.  Shooter gave him a good team to work with, especially this time around.  Since Evason's track record is 0-professional coaching career in a playoff series, I'd have to think that this would be the obvious target.  

I sure hope Evason did his homework and reviewed game 7 vs. Vegas yesterday.  We had no depth behind Ek and Brodin. Speaking of Ek, this will be his 3rd playoffs getting hurt.  Does he need to be wrapped in bubble wrap to end each season?

Grind them into dust tonight!

Gritty?  Are they referring the stupid looking dance move?

Grit is bearing down in a big game and getting it done.  Getting dirty net front and getting tough goals (the power play has been throwing fluff from the perimeter and it’s costing us - not gritty).  Finding a way to kill a damn penalty instead of whining about the calls like Karl Anthony Towns and giving up 60%.  Finding a way to win a damn face off in the offensive zone with the game on the line. 

Grit isn’t just running around trying to lay highlight film hits like you’re a Hanson brother.

This team has no credibility in using the word grit.

Followed the Kraken, they are the definition of Grit. They respond well after being scored on. MacKinnon said this is the hardest first round team he’s ever played against. I’m genuinely surprised no one is talking about Sundqvist. I thought he played great first game and he has provided something no other player willingly chooses, to play in front of the net.