Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild at Blackhawks (8:00 p.m.)

I thought Rossi would be better, not as passive.  I disagree with him being invisible, he's been visibly poor.  Too much gliding, to much soft play, no battle, no desire. Rossi still doesn't take the body.  He's got to be much, much more assertive.  

1 minute ago, mnfaninnc said:

I thought Rossi would be better, not as passive.  I disagree with him being invisible, he's been visibly poor.  Too much gliding, to much soft play, no battle, no desire. Rossi still doesn't take the body.  He's got to be much, much more assertive.  

Frankly he just looks a little lost out there. He may be one of those guys that can't just be dropped into a lineup. He may need to be around and get acclimated first. He better learn about that.

Frankly he just looks a little lost out there. He may be one of those guys that can't just be dropped into a lineup. He may need to be around and get acclimated first. He better learn about that.

An Ek-Lundell center duo looks pretty good in hindsight.

• Like 2

Just now, jgodwin17 said:

If anything this game is an advertisement for Gus and why we need to resign him.

Pretty embarrassing having the game taken to us by Chicago.

I truly hope this is setting him up to get game 1 as was speculated today and not Dean-O getting ready to pull a fast one by throwing Gus out behind the "team" they put on the ice tonight. 

• Like 1

If anything this game is an advertisement for Gus and why we need to resign him.

why wouldn't they?  He has pretty much no leverage at all.  He won't be very expensive either. If we can sign him for somewhere in the $1.5m X 2 area, I'd be pretty happy.

2 minutes ago, UK_Soldier said:

I truly hope this is setting him up to get game 1 as was speculated today and not Dean-O getting ready to pull a fast one by throwing Gus out behind the "team" they put on the ice tonight. 

If Dean plays Flower in the playoffs over Gus, I will lose my sh*t.

• Like 2

Truth, though I think Rossi might just take a bit longer adapting the the NHL than anticipated.

I sure hope so, that lost year was actually worse than 0, he had to rebuild a lot of endurance.  His jr. tape did not look like he does now, he was motoring then.  

Happy to hear it! Wish I could be watching.

His performance might just be signing Addison's trade papers.

I don't think it will be that fast unless we resign Dumba or Klingberg.  We don't have many RHS defender options in the organization, and Spacek is too far away....though the way he's played when I've seen him, he'd be an immediate upgrade from Addison.

1 minute ago, mnfaninnc said:

I don't think it will be that fast unless we resign Dumba or Klingberg.  We don't have many RHS defender options in the organization, and Spacek is too far away....though the way he's played when I've seen him, he'd be an immediate upgrade from Addison.

I have a feeling Dumba gets resigned on a discount. I think he likes the organization and the cities (and I think the organization and cities like him too), and I don't think he would be able to get close to 6M as a free agent.

4 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

We also have the off season looks at free agents.