Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Will the Rookies Play?

There are 3 games left.  I say there's no pressure.  I'd rather start on the road in a playoff series.  I think the main thing to figure out in the next 180 minutes of play is the correct pairings and the correct lines.  Getting everyone healthy is another factor, or, keeping everyone healthy.

If anyone's got some dings, give them a night off.  I'd like to see Rossi in an elevated role.  I'd like to see Faber with Goligoski. And, of course, I'd really like to see Ek healed.  Tomorrow night, I'd really like to see a boys will be boys game, where Reaves starts everything out with a big hit on Logan Stanley.  No suspensions, but a nice heavy hitting game, perhaps with a few gloves missing 😉

• Like 1

What is the thing about content being improved by a moderator each post?  Seems like a lot of work for the moderators.

How does everyone like the new site?  It caught me by surprise this weekend.  Was the gamethread working well?

I really like the chronological order of the comments instead of the default "newest" category.  Allows the conversations to flow the way they should.

Just now, mnfaninnc said:

What is the thing about content being improved by a moderator each post?  Seems like a lot of work for the moderators.

Just explaining this quickly: For your first three posts, you will need to have those posts approved by a moderator. Once you get three, you go from "Provisional Member" to "Verified Member." You are now a Verified Member and will no longer require approval for posts.

Get that it's a touch inconvenient, but so is Spam, and in your case, it's over.

KHL Update- SKA is tied with CSKA 2-2, and their game today is 2-2 after 1.  Khus^&* has 1g 6a in 14 games.  

CHL Update-

• Sherbrooke swept its 1st series and Spacek had a pair of apples
  • Owen Sound was swept, Petrovsky was 1g 1a in 4 games
  • Saginaw is tied at 3, Haight has 3g 3a in the 6 games
  • Winnipeg swept its series, Lambos had a pair of apples
  • Kamloops destroyed their opponent, Bankier 4g 5a in 4 games, Masters a pair of apples

Well, I'm taking a spin around the comments section.  Haven't gained the courage to try and enter the gifs yet, but I'm liking the bullet points.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

There are 3 games left.  I say there's no pressure.  I'd rather start on the road in a playoff series.  I think the main thing to figure out in the next 180 minutes of play is the correct pairings and the correct lines.  Getting everyone healthy is another factor, or, keeping everyone healthy.

If anyone's got some dings, give them a night off.  I'd like to see Rossi in an elevated role.  I'd like to see Faber with Goligoski. And, of course, I'd really like to see Ek healed.  Tomorrow night, I'd really like to see a boys will be boys game, where Reaves starts everything out with a big hit on Logan Stanley.  No suspensions, but a nice heavy hitting game, perhaps with a few gloves missing 😉

Rossi with boldy and mojo please. Throw Faber with whoever, maybe brodin for a few shifts to see how he should be skating 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnfaninnc said:

So, do the comments just go in chronological order, or can you reply to a particular post.  Perhaps that's how the quote thing works so you can follow the conversation?

Yup! Just like the old-school forum style. These quotes will act as replies to earlier posts, but overall it will stay in chronological order.

So, we won't have actual replies that sorts in outline form to follow the conversation.  

Would there be a way to add that feature in sort of a sub thread type the way the old original vox system worked?  I would think we could probably keep track with quotes on most articles, but there are some that get huge traffic where the quotes might be a little hard to follow back and forth.  

I guess I was mainly thinking of the some of the other sports like baseball and football that generate more comments.  I am, of course, assuming that this same comment section is going to be used throughout the Zone Coverage platform here.  

Hearing Rossi will center the third line with Petan and Hartman is a bit disappointing. Give the kid a solid chance with Boldy and Mojo! I want to see him with some offensive talent. Not that Hartman can’t be that at times but if you’re gonna play him than give him a real chance to build some chemistry. Petan and Hartman aren't it. 

6 minutes ago, Cole_Train said:

Hearing Rossi will center the third line with Petan and Hartman is a bit disappointing. Give the kid a solid chance with Boldy and Mojo! I want to see him with some offensive talent. Not that Hartman can’t be that at times but if you’re gonna play him than give him a real chance to build some chemistry. Petan and Hartman aren't it. 

I can agree with saddling Rossi with Petan who's an ahl journeyman, but if Hartman's good enough for 97, he's good enough for the rookie.  I'm looking forward to Rossi being noticeable against a weak CHI team and making it difficult for BG to send him back down.  If he's timid and invisible then right back to Iowa.  This is your time to prove you're ready young'n.

8 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

I can agree with saddling Rossi with Petan who's an ahl journeyman, but if Hartman's good enough for 97, he's good enough for the rookie.  I'm looking forward to Rossi being noticeable against a weak CHI team and making it difficult for BG to send him back down.  If he's timid and invisible then right back to Iowa.  This is your time to prove you're ready young'n.

That wasn’t so much a knock on Hartman as I said he can be offensive. It’s just that Hartman is already a center on the first line typically so why have him with Rossi? It feels like a scrap line. I want to see him on a line with some identity to it and that line isn’t it. I want to see him play with people he might actually play with in the future and build a little chemistry if even for just a couple games. I agree Rossi needs to make it himself but that doesn’t feel like a recipe to succeed to me.

Edited by Cole_Train

1 hour ago, kapislife said:

Rossi with boldy and mojo please. Throw Faber with whoever, maybe brodin for a few shifts to see how he should be skating 🤣

I like the idea of Faber with Brodin and Rossi with Boldy  and Johansson, when Ek comes back I'd like to see him on first line with Kap.....

1 hour ago, Cole_Train said:

I agree. Would like to see how he does with Boldy in case Ek out a while. Disappointed in the projected lineup. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

KHL Update- SKA is tied with CSKA 2-2, and their game today is 2-2 after 1.  Khus^&* has 1g 6a in 14 games.  

CHL Update-

• Sherbrooke swept its 1st series and Spacek had a pair of apples
  • Owen Sound was swept, Petrovsky was 1g 1a in 4 games
  • Saginaw is tied at 3, Haight has 3g 3a in the 6 games
  • Winnipeg swept its series, Lambos had a pair of apples
  • Kamloops destroyed their opponent, Bankier 4g 5a in 4 games, Masters a pair of apples

Well, I'm taking a spin around the comments section.  Haven't gained the courage to try and enter the gifs yet, but I'm liking the bullet points.  

Thanks for the recap — always appreciate these!

1 hour ago, NC Beach Bum said:

I like the idea of Faber with Brodin and Rossi with Boldy  and Johansson, when Ek comes back I'd like to see him on first line with Kap.....

With how Ek Mojo and Boldy had been going I would rather keep those 3 together. When playoffs start I don't think you should mess with chemistry too much. As much as, I believe, we all want to see Rossi succeed, that may be a next year dream when we inevitably lose guys in FA. Until Ek comes back Rossi should be given a chance on line 2 and have motivation to put in the off season work.

2 hours ago, NC Beach Bum said:

Would sure be nice to have two legit top 6 centers. Geaudreau is a good third line center.