- The Minnesota Wild conceded two quick goals from Pierre-Luc Dubois within 12 seconds of each other and never recovered. An attempted comeback led by Kirill Kaprizov and Joel Eriksson Ek eventually came short and the Kings defeated the Wild at home by a brutal score of 7-3. [NHL dot com]
- Eriksson Ek is already having a monster season by leading the team in goals, but one possible little tweak could make it really special. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Kaprizov and Matt Boldy were among ESPN's top-100 ranking of all NHL players. Wow! [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- It's just one week into the season but that doesn't mean people can't come to conclusions. Like, should the Edmonton Oilers, Washington Capitals, and Tampa Bay Lightning be worried? And is Auston Matthews going to break the season goal record? [ESPN]
- Four ideas for the NHL to improve its on-ice product. [The Hockey News]
- Again, early in the season, but the Winnipeg Jets and Buffalo Sabres are some of the teams really struggling with attendance right now. Maybe that will change when the Bills season is done, and the Jets aren't boring. [DailyFaceoff]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.