- The Minnesota Wild are just one game into their preseason but have already made the first cuts to their roster as they try to shape the lineup for this important upcoming season. It isn't anything monumental, but the Wild have sent the junior hockey players back to their junior leagues and out of NHL training camp. They have sent Hunter Haight, Riley Heidt, Rasmus Kumpulainen, Kalem Parker, and Servac Petrovsky to their junior teams. No surprises there. [Twitter]
- Will the Wild go through the entire season with all three of Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Foligno, and Ryan Hartman set to hit free agency this summer? A whole lot depends, but there have been initial discussions for some contract extensions. [The Athletic]
- Sammy Walker has been having a stellar preseason, but that still doesn't mean he's guaranteed a roster spot. [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- Some players are good, and some are great. How do they make that jump? Well here are some players that could make that leap into stardom this upcoming season. [ESPN]
- The WHL has suspended Wenatchee Wild head coach Kevin Constantine amid investigation into conduct. He has had a history of suspensions and complaints in the past. [Yahoo Sports]
- John Klingberg has left the Wild and signed a one-year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs this summer, but was it the right call? And why is he on the top power play unit right now? [Bay Street Blues]
- It is a little weird to see him back on the ice -- or that he has been away from the league for so long -- but Philadelphia Flyers center Sean Couturier played his first game in over 600 days. [NHL dot com]