- The Minnesota Wild had to play a player short in Tuesday's win over the Montreal Canadiens due to Matt Boldy getting injured and being on the road. Well, they managed to get a full roster now with the team recalling Sammy Walker to provide some spark to the lineup. [The Hockey News]
- Brock Faber has arguably been the Wild's top defenseman this season. It certainly feels like with Jared Spurgeon out, it is his blue line and could make it a top-tier one once the injured captain returns. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Some storm clouds and misery surrounding the Carolina Hurricanes should pass soon. The team is too good for this start to really make an impact. [Yahoo Sports]
- Jesse Puljujarvi was once hyped as a can't-miss prospect for the Edmonton Oilers and has had the backing of the hockey fans that like some stats. Well, now he is an unrestricted free agent and without a hockey home. Will he get another shot? [DailyFaceoff]
- The Ottawa Senators got Josh Norris back from his shoulder injury for the first time on Wednesday night and he ended up scoring two goals. Are the Sens for real? [Sportsnet]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.