- Our nightmare is over! After losing seven consecutive games in punishing fashion, the Minnesota Wild sacrificed Dean Evason to the Hockey Gods and in exchange they received two points against the St. Louis Blues. In John Hynes's first game as Wild bench boss, the team did it all in a clean win with a couple players breaking out of their slumps. Matt Boldy, Frederick Gaudreau, and team defense! [StarTribune]
- What can the Wild expect from John Hynes as their new head coach? How does his history play into this current team and will it be effective? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Wild general manager Bill Guerin played one of the only cards he can play during the season. He fired the coach. Now, the scrutiny will be on him and his roster construction. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Grading all 32 NHL teams at the quarter-season mark. How are the reigning champs doing? Are there any surprises? Does anyone deserve to be somewhere else? [ESPN]
- Blackhawks GM laments "disgusting" rumor surrounding Corey Perry's absence and contract termination. [Yahoo Sports]
- The PWHL Minnesota team has finally announced their historic home opener. January 6 at the Xcel Energy Center up against the top-tier Montreal squad.
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.