- Special teams has been a big, massive problem for the Minnesota Wild early into the 2023-24 season. Nothing is really going right and with just three games in 13 days -- and a trip overseas to Sweden around that -- the coaching staff is spending the extra practice time trying to get the man advantage and penalty kill clicking. [The Hockey News]
- A look into the Wild's Sweden trip so far. A whole lot of lounging without games going on. [StarTribune]
- The Wild will officially be sharing their practice arena, TRIA Rink, with the PWHL Minnesota squad. [The Hockey News]
- Speaking of the PWHL Minnesota team, they officially launched their jerseys on Tuesday. These feel like temporary sweaters until they finalize a logo, team name, brand, and all that stuff.
- Why isn't Kirill Kaprizov playing up to his standards? What's going on with the Wild's star? [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Former Vancouver Canuck, Jannik Hansen, really wants the home fans to give it to Bo Horvat in his return to the city with the New York Islanders this week. [Yahoo Sports]
- In his first game as Oilers head coach, Kris Knoblauch received a workmanlike performance from his new team as they won a game. [NHL dot com]