It's going to be a big year for Brock Faber. His first full season in the NHL with his hometown Minnesota Wild and expected to fill the hole that Matt Dumba's departure left behind. No pressure! But what he is doing during the summer is warming up in Da Beauty League, and scoring some slick goals at the mid-summer tournament.
- The Wild still need a top center (evergreen statement) but should really be waiting for the Calgary Flames' collapse and snatching up Elias Lindholm to fill that need. [Hockey Wilderness]
- It's now been four years since Bill Guerin took over as Wild general manager. What have been some of his best moves? [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- Which teams made the biggest jump and which are going to sharply fall compared to last season? [ESPN]
- Longtime goaltender Jonathan Bernier announced his retirement from professional hockey. [NBC Sports]
- Connor McDavid showed up to a beer league game unannounced and his team ended up losing. [Yahoo Sports]