- While the Minnesota Wild are certainly a worse team without Jonas Brodin and Jared Spurgeon healthy and available, Brock Faber is making it slightly less terrifying. The rookie blueliner has impressed with every game he's played in, and appears to be one of the smartest defensemen in the game already. Let's just hope he doesn't burnout, because without those two anchors, Faber's ice-time has soared into the 30-minute mark. [StarTribune]
- Sometimes, we don't like being negative, especially when the team is on a significant hot streak under their new head coach. But, it's time to talk about Marcus Johansson. The winger that made his controversial return via trade last season and then got re-signed to a two-year contract extension. Well, he's not been very good. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild's penalty killing remained in-tact and strong in their recent 2-1 win over the Vancouver Canucks.[The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- MacKenzie Weegar was more of an afterthought in the blockbuster deal that sent Matthew Tkachuk to the Florida Panthers. But now, he is enjoying his hockey in Calgary and it puts a different spin on what was deemed a steal. [Sportsnet]
- Who is the most underrated NHL player of all time? And are they currently in the league and we just don't pay enough attention to their greatness? [DailyFaceoff]
- The 2024 World Juniors are starting next week! Get all the games on your calendar ready. [NHL dot com]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.