- The Minnesota Wild returned from Sweden with a five-game losing streak and fans and media and management alike are trying to determine what is the cause of this team's demise. Well, general manager Bill Guerin wants to make it clear that it's on the players to pick themselves back up. [Pioneer Press]
- Speaking of players not playing well, Matt Boldy and Kirill Kaprizov are both not playing like we're used to seeing them play. Not scoring a whole lot, looking not that good in any zone on the ice -- but there is a key difference between Boldy's underperformance and Kaprizov's. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Mason Shaw -- remember him? -- is still on his road to full recovery. He is practicing with the Iowa Wild with a non-contact jersey but he is at least skating after undergoing season-ending ACL surgery not that long ago. [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- How five distinct underperforming teams this season, can get back into the playoff mix. [ESPN]
- The Florida Panthers are proving that they were not some fluke. Last season's run to the Stanley Cup Final was just the beginning of their story, as they continue to dominate through the beginning of this season. [Yahoo Sports]
- Mike Modano is going to have a statue of himself outside of the Dallas Stars' arena. [NHL dot com]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.