Your daily dose of Wild news, along with other interesting stories from around the NHL.
Well, the Minnesota Wild had an opportunity to have superior control of the series over the Dallas Stars in Game 4 but due to a couple reasons, they ended up losing 3-2 at home and the first-round matchup is tied 2-2.
Now they have to head back to Dallas with this missed victory resting heavy on their shoulders, but is it all their fault? The officiating was brought into question throughout the 60 minutes of action. Both goals scored by Tyler Seguin resulted from Marcus Foligno being called for questionable penalties.
First, it was an interference penalty that looked, to most, like a normal hit behind the goal line.
Then, in the crucial time of the game, down by a single goal, he was sent to the box for tripping after going for a hit, Mason Marchment jumping, and his face hitting the Stars winger's stick. It was just so odd and noticeable.
Now, the Wild could have simply just killed off those penalties and ended up winning the game. But it is the minor mistakes that haunt you and the pressure is building for Minnesota to finally win something and hit the second round.
Foligno says it perfectly himself.
- On the bright side, Gustav Nyquist is quietly the Wild's MVP since he has recovered from his injury and put on the sweater. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Back when the series was nice and pleasant after Game 3, we looked at how this team was playing like a team with elite depth. [Hockey Wilderness]
- John Klingberg is facing his former team in the playoffs and he talks about how his friends have now become foes. [StarTribune]
- Joel Eriksson Ek was out for Game 4 but no other update has been provided since he left Game 3 after just 19 seconds in his attempted return. [Pioneer Press]
Off the trail...
- Why this playoff run by the Toronto Maple Leafs will actually be different (haha). [ESPN]
- The Boston Bruins crushed the Florida Panthers to earn a 3-1 series lead. [Yahoo Sports]
- Pain, hope, and science collide as some athletes turn to magic mushrooms to heal their hurt. [ESPN]
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.