Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Joel Eriksson Ek’s turned out to be a decent player for the Wild, but as a former first-round pick, it would be nice to see him up his game a little more. Perhaps a larger role will allow him to do so? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Luke Kunin has type 1 diabetes, and if the NHL season resumes, how will he impacted by the precautions necessary to keep COVID-19 at bay? [Pioneer Press]
Off the trail...
- The Lightning had to close their training facilities due to multiple players and staff contracting COVID-19. Not great. [Raw Charge]
- Auston Matthews has also tested positive for COVID-19 while staying at his home in Scottsdale, Arizona. [Toronto Sun]
- With more and more athletes testing positive for the virus, some players are starting to get annoyed that the NHL is even trying to continue the season at all. [The Athletic]
- Despite some doubts about the NHL’s ability to continue the season, we now seem to have a solid start date for the qualifying tournament. Mark July 30 on your calendars, folks. [New York Post]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.