Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Joel Eriksson Ek is one of the more hotly debated players on the Wild roster. How do you think he did in the play-in series? [Hockey Wilderness]
- If you were worried about Ryan Suter’s foot injury that kept him out of Game 4 against the Canucks, don’t be. He says he’s not concerned about it.
Off the trail...
- Flyers defenseman Matt Niskanen has been suspended for Game 6 of Philadelphia’s series against the Canadiens after cross-checking Brendan Gallagher. [Broad Street Hockey]
- As a result of the cross-checking incident, Gallagher is out for the rest of the series with a broken jaw. Yikes. [Eyes On The Prize]
- The Flames were owning the Stars in Game 6 last night, but Calgary couldn’t fend off the epic Dallas comeback. They’re now scheduling their tee times. [Defending Big D]
- The Capitals’ season also ended yesterday. The Islanders are advancing to the second round. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- As one can imagine, Matthew Tkachuk was not thrilled with the Flames’ embarrassing collapse.
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.