Hockey Wilderness

Big-T Baby!!!

Verified Member
Posted (edited)

MN adds the sizable Russian I've been asking for the past 6-8 months. Oh yeah. 

Like the toughness, balance he'll add to the lineup and he's proven himself capable in the Central. He's known to the coach, commonality with the other Russians on the team and he is in his prime years. 

GMBG has had a nice past few days. MN is gonna get harder to play against. The Central will still be a slog-fest to emerge as a playoff team but MN is making the kinds of small gains they did when Guerin first showed up.

Edited by Protec
  • Like 1

Verified Member

Look at the response here from Big-T. Sees hit catch vulnerable teammate. Stops and pounds McNabb. Now he does have to push to get better positioned to land some shots but MN needs more guys who do exactly this. I realize it's not the norm come playoffs but MN team toughness just got a serious boost.

Verified Member
Posted (edited)

This clip is dedicated to Pewterschmidt for the utter lack of tenacity from NoJo before the rafters-look of shame. Rossi lovers might also notice his total non-factor quality when Trenin goes hard to the blue paint. 😲

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAkgOWO0SA

dooftube screws us here so I can't embed the vid, but this one it's really evident what the Yakomotive brings some heavy steam. 😀

Edited by Protec

Verified Member

I know Chicago sucks but watch the guy fear Trenin, make a mistake, give up the puck, and Big-T wastes no time ripping it on goal. Maybe Foligno will look inside and find some compete to prove USA-Moose can keep up with RUS-Diesel. 😲

1 hour ago, Protec said:

MN adds the sizable Russian I've been asking for the past 6-8 months. Oh yeah. 

Like the toughness, balance he'll add to the lineup and he's proven himself capable in the Central. He's known to the coach, commonality with the other Russians on the team and he is in his prime years. 

GMBG has had a nice past few days. MN is gonna get harder to play against. The Central will still be a slog-fest to emerge as a playoff team but MN is making the kinds of small gains they did when Guerin first showed up.

I liked his check behind the net, and he held his own vs Chara which can't be easy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Protec said:

This clip is dedicated to Pewterschmidt for the utter lack of tenacity from NoJo before the rafters-look of shame. Rossi lovers might also notice his total non-factor quality when Trenin goes hard to the blue paint. 😲

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAkgOWO0SA

dooftube screws us here so I can't embed the vid, but this one it's really evident what the Yakomotive brings some heavy steam. 😀

Thanks for the clips and tip of the cap for starting the nickname's.  Yakov Trenin?!?!

Not much to work with with those two last names but I love a challenge.

Verified Member

I'll be more convinced when you see a UTube compilation of these Trenin video's when he's wearing  a Wild sweater. Sometimes players change when the sweater changes. 

• Like 2

Verified Member

YT (why-tee) = Whitey. 

Rhymes with Mack-Truck = Yak-Truck.

RUSsian Trenin Rusty.

From Chelyabinsk Ural Hammer.

Trenintimidator.

Treninforcer. 

Yakovcalifragilisticexpialidocious.

The last one isn't the best nickname but I added it to the mix. Gonna trim the list down to the top three by the end if the week. 😁

• Like 1

Verified Member
Posted (edited)

I don't know, I think I'm just good with having a Yak and a Moose on the same team.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe one of the things under the Heinzy regime in Nashville was a heavy team that led the league in fights. Heinzy seems to not discourage sticking up for your teammates. I think the compilation of the team last year made him think "changes will be made next season." 

In my opinion, I think it is best to keep Rossi. He is bulking up like he was asked to do. I think the right move would be to move Zuccarello, and probably to do that is to take him off PP1, and stick him in the bottom 6 so that he will waive his NMC. We don't have to worry about the grit of Rossi or Dino. But we do have to worry about the grit of Zuccarello who is slowing down. 

Other light guys who will need replacing are Johansson (he actually is listed weighing above Trenin though I think Trenin is bigger) who plays like 5'7" 135, and Gaudreau who also doesn't take the body. He may this year when he's asked to.

On defense, I seriously believe that Faber is lifting this offseason and will come in around 210. I think as the season wore on he realized he needed more strength, especially tying guys up. Chisholm has got to gain, and Brodin could use a good workout this summer. Why? Brodin's such a great skater/stick man? Because the league is catching up to him, he needs to add a new wrinkle. I don't think he'll ever be a hitter, but he does need more strength for the boards area. 

All told, I think Heinzy is going to stress finishing checks and playing heavy, wearing other teams down. And this crap about not sticking up for your teammates will leave like last season did. Midsy gets it. Yak will get it. Lauko gets it. Hopefully Foligno and Hartman will get it too. (With Hartman I am worried about his right shoulder being healed so he can throw rights. He used to be a fighter but has pulled way back the last 2 seasons.)

Also, to set the tone in the X, I would start Trenin/Hartman/Foligno with the express duty of hitting everything that moves. I'd stick Middleton/Bogosian on defense. This will let everyone know that gametime has started!

Actually, I might start Ek as center on that line, he likes to finish checks.

Edited by mnfaninnc