Hockey Wilderness

Article: Konsta Helenius Can Fill Joel Eriksson Ek's Vacated Third-Line Role

Verified Member
On 5/23/2024 at 9:16 AM, Citizen Strife said:

You know, small guys and big guys both get injured.  Small guys and big guys can be goal scorers.  Small guys and big guys can be quality players.  Small guys and big guys can both be all stars or NHL depth.  If a player is better than a certain player at something, they earn their spot.  All about skillsets and mindsets.  

I mean, you don't REALLY know what a player is going to do with a team when he's picked with them.  For all the faults of a "smallish center with upside," 60-70 point seasons are still 60-70 pt seasons.  You get that from Rossi, AND Helenius (or Khusnutdinov/Heidt/etc), then fuck it.  They can be 5'4" for all I care.  

I'm all for having a monster on skates on D (Silayev), but if he turns out to be Logan Stanley, then all he's good for is injuring star players.  Kinda hard to do your job if you're...not doing your job.

I see your point but size is incredibly important in the playoffs in my opinion. The intensity goes up considerably and guys its been said that players are trying to hurt the opposition and trying to take them out of games.

brad Marchand just admitted that after his concussion from Sam Bennett.

Verified Member
On 5/23/2024 at 9:53 AM, Citizen Strife said:

Think what Beckman could be if he actually scored...Ohgren got as many points in a third of the games he played, and seems to be tilting the ice a bit more.  Such is life.

For a guy who was reportedly a great shot, it never seemed to manifest in actual NHL games. 

Can’t really compare thou. Different leagues. When Beckman first came up in the preseason that one year he was absolutely on fire. He scored a lot of goals in that short amount of time. Idk why he’s stagnating but I think some of it had to do with injuries. I’ve also heard his skating needs a little work so it’s hard to put him in a bottom 6 role.