Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Should Trade Up For Cayden Lindstrom

Verified Member
1 hour ago, Mateo3xm said:

Brandsegg-Nygaard is from Norway and was born there. He played a lot of hockey in Norway but also played in some Swedish leagues. If we were going to go after a Center I would really like Hage. He’s a great player and scouts seem to have a hard time coming up with any negative things about him.

if we took brandsegg nygaard id be really pissed. There should be plenty of better players available.

Yes, I only like Norwegian Hobbits...

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Verified Member

Centers can be converted to wings fairly easy, wings do not convert to centers easily. So, you never can have too many centers. Lindstrom would be my pick. However, consolation prize would be a big defender.

I'm with Huck, let's just win the lottery!

• Like 3

Verified Member
4 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Centers can be converted to wings fairly easy, wings do not convert to centers easily. So, you never can have too many centers. Lindstrom would be my pick. However, consolation prize would be a big defender.

I'm with Huck, let's just win the lottery!

The thing is, we are due for something good to happen to us. We haven’t had any draft luck as far as the order goes. I just hope the stars align and we somehow get #3. I’d take Lindstrom there in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Again how does trading a proven nhl player plus more for a prospect make sense? So to keep kk they should panic and either trade a ton for a vet or trade up for a prospect that hasn't proven a thing in the league....

And this is why they are continually stuck in the middle. The definition of mediocre. 

I wonder, think kaps smart enough to see patterns and recognize them.... or can use Google to figure how long the wild has been stuck in the middle mindlessly doing the same thing... what happens then?

Edited by Need4speed99
  • Like 2

Verified Member
On 5/3/2024 at 9:51 PM, Need4speed99 said:

Again how does trading a proven nhl player plus more for a prospect make sense? So to keep kk they should panic and either trade a ton for a vet or trade up for a prospect that hasn't proven a thing in the league....

And this is why they are continually stuck in the middle. The definition of mediocre. 

I wonder, think kaps smart enough to see patterns and recognize them.... or can use Google to figure how long the wild has been stuck in the middle mindlessly doing the same thing... what happens then?

Then you trade him for something at the TDL in the '25-'26 season and gain a bunch of cap space in future years to try and build around Ek/Rossi/Boldy/Faber as your future core. 

On 5/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, Citizen Strife said:

What they need is scoring skill, and Rossi went from not hitting the broad side of a barn to a 20-goal scorer in a year.  Dumping that prematurely is a big risk.

%100 Agree. Throwing away Rossi for a top pick that is not Celebrini or a top 3 is an absolute disgrace. Risking a NHL quality center on a 60% chance of playing in the NHL and a 30% chance of a star is not worth it at all. Rossi can have an impact before Kap decides to leave. There are not many in the draft that fall in that category. 

We need to become competitive ASAP, not stock our prospect pool to try again in 5 years. Otherwise, we will lose our superstar and be back to praying to the stars to get another one. 

Bottom line, the chances this first round pick makes a difference before Kap makes his decision is low. Risking trading assets now would put us backwards in this quest. 

To me, this is possibly the stupidest thing we could do with the people we are shopping.

• Like 1

Verified Member
Posted (edited)

Personally, I think what's probably happening is that Guerin is inquiring on players and other GMs are asking about Rossi.

If Rossi was traded for a bigger current NHL guy as part of a package, I'm okay with that. I would not really like to see the Wild trade prospects for picks. That seems pretty foolish. 

Edited by Protec
  • Like 1