Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Could Trade Jared Spurgeon To Four Contending Teams This Offseason

18 hours ago, hydguy75 said:

At minimum, rip that C off his jersey. 

I have a long standing belief that at the end of every season, the letters should be turned in. New captains get chosen the following year. They could be the same ones, but it needs to be re-evaluated every season.

• Like 4

Verified Member
14 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

This is why he needs an AGM who is a creative trade thinker. One who can put together a package on several different levels, not just 1 for 1 or 2 for 1. We need someone who can think like a 3D chess board. This guy doesn't need to be a capologist either.

Stuff like the Ryan O'Reilly trade proves he can do this and pick up assets just by being an extra trade partner.  He didn't leave himself enough space/flexibility during the last season to do more of the same though.

• Like 1

Verified Member
14 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Now we have to call this franchise Salt Lake! This is really going to confuse me.

once they get their name and jersey iit should be much simpler

OIP.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Verified Member
23 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

I like her effort on suggestions. Sometimes I think she's looking in the wrong direction, but sometimes she's got some great suggestions.

I just wish she'd get here in the trenches with us to discuss this stuff.

She isn't real. It's an AI writing these articles. That's why they are so absurd.

Provisional Member

I think the Leafs would be the best trade partner mainly because Spurgeon's $7.575M cap hit will pretty much cancel out with Marner's $10.9M cap hit. Neither the Leafs nor the Wild would have to retain any salary. Leafs improve their defense and Marner is a huge upgrade over NoJo in the top-6.  

The main goal is to get rid of an aging Spurgeon coming off hip and back surgeries with an awful contract. If they can get Marner without giving up Yurov, Ohgren, Rossi, or Heidt and just let Marner walk after next season then it's still a win for the Wild. I was thinking Gus, Spurgeon, and another prospect(s) for Marner. Maybe throw in a first or a second to help sweeten the deal.

Guerin wants big forwards, but if the Wild were to keep Marner they could easily get bigger in the bottom-6 and on defense by trading Heidt, Khusnutdinov, Walker, or Beckman. Could possibly trade Rossi if Yurov can play center in the NHL.