Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Propsect Rieger Lorenz Talks About National Title

I do not like the way that Vegas circumvents the salary cap with their LTIR designations. However, if they can take out the Dallas Stars in the 1st round, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

Anyone notice how the Canes came back against NYI last night scoring 3 goals in the last 3 minutes for a 5-3 victory? You don't see that often in Stanley Cup playoffs, nor against an NYI lockdown team.

Lorenz had a nice finish to his season. I still believe he needs at least 1 more season at Denver. IMO, from what I saw, he was not yet ready for Iowa.

Yurov was again held scoreless for Metallurg. However, this deep run and now a 3-0 series lead tells me he's coming after they raise their Gagarin (sp) Cup. Yurov is 20th in scoring in the playoffs, 6-3-9. 

While looking at these stats, I came across Sam Anas in the K. I didn't know he'd gone to the K. He had 4 points in the playoffs. 

Lokomotiv has a winger named Maxim Beryozkin. He's 6'2" 201 right now and 22. He's having a nice playoffs, and is a RHS. He was a 5th rounder for Edmonton. In 62 K regular season games, he had 30 points. In 19 playoff games he has 16 points. If we were looking for a replacement for Johansson, this guy looks like a candidate. He's only 22. Most interesting stat on him was a +/- 0 in the regular season, +10 in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

Anyone notice how the Canes came back against NYI last night scoring 3 goals in the last 3 minutes for a 5-3 victory? You don't see that often in Stanley Cup playoffs, nor against an NYI lockdown team.

THATS PLAYOFF HOCKEY BABY!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Lorenz had a nice finish to his season. I still believe he needs at least 1 more season at Denver. IMO, from what I saw, he was not yet ready for Iowa

I believe that is the plan for him. Do one more year at DU then see what happens. I have been trying to see his physical stats but can't find them. He was described as a "big body". Anyone have the low down?