Hockey Wilderness

Wild Vs. Sharks

Verified Member
37 minutes ago, Gritty.Not.Pretty said:

I had to replay the game. Ryan Carter compared NoJo to MacKinnon.

I like Carter, he's funny. Probably just joking around, but he did have a few concussions if I recall. Maybe the  brain-damage kicked in, or magic-mushrooms...

• Haha 1

Verified Member
10 minutes ago, Gritty.Not.Pretty said:

And Ohgren with his first goal!

A little bit of a greasy one but a point per game player this Ogie kid, whaaaat? I prefer my elite Swedes with zero neck-beard.

• Haha 1

Verified Member
15 minutes ago, Gritty.Not.Pretty said:

I don’t know who/what lit the fire tonight. I will begrudgingly say he’s looking better. I’m guessing it’s only for this game. Prove me wrong 90!

There's a realization Ogie is here to stay and neck-beard popularity suddenly dropped to zero. Oh wait neck-beards were always at zero style-points but the Ogie part is on the money.

Verified Member
2 minutes ago, Gritty.Not.Pretty said:

The only thing better— back-to-back-to-back. The kid is fun to watch.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hypothetical anti-jinx idea here is that if he can get the hatty tonight, he'll only need an assist and five more goals to reach an even 50G, 50A, for 100P. 

I wonder if he'll benefit from a slightly longer off season uninjured? Gotta wonder if slow starts for him has been due to healing up and therefore having to wait to begin training hard before camp. Maybe playing less fast-pace hockey during Summer or training at all for a month or more have led to slow starts. He's had a few. Once he heats up after Christmas, look out. His scoring pace the second half has been amazing.

Long gone are the days we were afraid to even say his name on this board. The Fenton year looked especially sketchy...

#97CSKA. Russian Savior. The 5th rounder that shall not be named. He's here in full effect and by good margin the best player MN has ever had. Sign him for the max no matter what and reserve a space in the rafters.

• Like 1

Verified Member

Noteworthy that the Wall is improving his NHL stats after being plugged in for a Dallas Stars smackdown a few months ago. 

.931 tonight after a shutout the last time he played. Pretty interesting development. Not sure MN is gonna be able to pay every emerging prospect the boku-bucks?

At this point it looks like Ogie, MRat, Rossi, Wallstedt, and Faber are gonna be pretty decent players. There is also Chisholm who the Wild have to retain and what to do about Gus or MAF.

Kinda looking like maybe the Wild have some good problems this off season especially with Yurov and Heidt blowing doors in their current leagues. 

Something to think about.