Hockey Wilderness

BOGO

Verified Member

Bought one facialhairily-endowed strongman, got one soft as beard-butter saucer-passer...

Plus three, and one beautiful burn wide with an immaculate saucer to Shaw for the opening goal. 

How good was the Bogosian acquisition? Pretty good. Tack on the Chisholm claim and the Wild did pretty good defensively after looking brutal early on. 

I think the Wild look pretty okay for defense going into next season. If they can add a young player like Hunt or make an off season trade to get a top four level guy, the balance on defense will be pretty good.

Serious good move though was trading Addison and getting Bogosian. He’s been solid and I don’t believe he’ll go full-NoJo for next season either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Protec said:

Bought one facialhairily-endowed strongman, got one soft as beard-butter saucer-passer...

Plus three, and one beautiful burn wide with an immaculate saucer to Shaw for the opening goal. 

How good was the Bogosian acquisition? Pretty good. Tack on the Chisholm claim and the Wild did pretty good defensively after looking brutal early on. 

I think the Wild look pretty okay for defense going into next season. If they can add a young player like Hunt or make an off season trade to get a top four level guy, the balance on defense will be pretty good.

Serious good move though was trading Addison and getting Bogosian. He’s been solid and I don’t believe he’ll go full-NoJo for next season either.

Agreed on Bogo and The Iron Ranger.  Chisolm is a player I'm excited about going into next season.  Bro was running the #1 PP last night, and looked ok doing it.  Expecially considering how few NHL games he's played.  I think trading Midsy at next year TDL should bring a haul back next season.  Midsy is a large bodied, experienced, dependable d-man who's built for playoff hockey.  Love Midsy, but this is about the greater good for the Wild's future.  And we should have a stable of prospects D-men ready to backfill.  Bogo and Chisolm definitely make the D situation less urgent in near future.

Edited by Pewterschmidt
  • Like 1

Chisholm has the tools, but makes horrible decisions.  That pass back to KK97 on the PP was cringe worthy bad.

Good thing is that you can fix bad decisions pretty easily.  I'm looking forward to watching Chisholm solidify his game next year.

I think our defense is looking stout for 24-25, especially if one guy from Iowa steps it up:

Spurg-Mid

Faber-Brodin

Bogo-Chisholm

Hunt/Lambos

• Like 1

Verified Member

Middleton has some bad moments too but all NHL defense get burned sometimes. 

If Spurgeon can come back strong the Wild look good. I'd like to see more growth of the AHL guys. Keep them playing big minutes and have Bogosian and Merrill as you're veteran meat & potatoes players. Chisholm has a great platform to take the next step.

MN would be pretty okay even if they don't upgrade the defense during the off season. 

• Like 1