Hockey Wilderness

Article: Can Brock Faber Help Snap the Wild Out Of Their Playoff Funk?

I'll be honest, I yada yada yada'd through some of this article (couple beers tonight.)  I do agree that Faber is the the face of this franchise going forward, if they do not burn him out with minutes and putting depressed players (that can't be fucked to care) around him.

I super look forward to the Russian scoring line that is coming, but Faber is how you build a winning team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Faber can't do it alone, he'll need help. It was nice to see Rossi pot 2 against the Blues also. It looked like he cared. No question that Ek has that other gear. 

And Johansson cared too after his goal and that's the most emotion I've seen out of him in a long time....maybe ever. 

This new crop of draft picks need that same intensity, and I'm not sure if they bring it or not. Dino, to me, looks like he has it. Kaprizov usually looks the same way. 

However, Boldy doesn't necessarily have that same look....yet. I'm not down on the kid, I just think there's a lot more potential in him than he is currently showing. He should be one of those guys who in big moments forces his will on opponents. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

However, Boldy doesn't necessarily have that same look....yet. I'm not down on the kid, I just think there's a lot more potential in him than he is currently showing. He should be one of those guys who in big moments forces his will on opponents. 

Agree 100%.  I think Boldy could easily become an annual 30-40 goal scorer.  He is the guy who takes the puck aggressively to the net, and unlike a bull in a china shop (Foligno), he does it with a nice balance of power and finesse.

I see him only getting better as he finds more success.  Putting him with KK97 and Ek has been great for him.  It's too bad we didn't make the playoffs because I think he is ready and I would have liked to see what that line could have done at that level.

• Like 1

Verified Member
24 minutes ago, Will D. Ness said:

It's too bad we didn't make the playoffs because I think he is ready and I would have liked to see what that line could have done at that level.

C’mon there’s still a 4% chance…

• Like 1