Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Can the Wild Do Before the Trade Deadline?

Verified Member

Since Guentzel gets a mention, how bout Pittsburgh? They're in a similar spot to MN. Thought they'd be okay and pretty much aren't.

Could Guerin use that to his advantage? Pittsburgh is more hopless than MN right now if you asked me.

• Like 1

Verified Member
22 minutes ago, Protec said:

Since Guentzel gets a mention, how bout Pittsburgh? They're in a similar spot to MN. Thought they'd be okay and pretty much aren't.

Could Guerin use that to his advantage? Pittsburgh is more hopless than MN right now if you asked me.

IMO, Pittsburgh is old, I guess that means they're hopless. But, with the resignings they had with their older players, I think a rebuild is coming, which will make their fanbase hopeless. 

It looks like both Washington and Pittsburgh will be tearing down soon. Mantha went to Vegas earlier, Ovechkin looks like he's hit the wall. Worse yet, with all that money both teams are paying for their stars, the risk of injury for team drivers is very high.

I do not believe that either team has stocked their cupboards, so Guerin, at least, has that going for him. We've got young stars on our horizon. 

I think I'd still be selling, not necessarily for compensation, but for opening up roster spots. We still need to send smoke signals to Yurov, and figure out what to do with Stramel. Personally, with Stramel, I'd like to see how he plays in the tournament. 

Many don't remember the tournament that Tuch had. It wasn't just that he was scoring a bunch, it was that he was very mean in the corners and upped that physical part of his game. This is what I want to see from Stramel, will he elevate his physical traits? If so, then, perhaps, we've got another playoff performer. 

I still maintain that our retool is over as far as acquiring players. It will be nice to tuck away a couple of top prospects the next 2 seasons, but it doesn't necessarily need to happen. Now comes the developmental part, and this is crucial. We play in a large bodied division: Get these players to realize they need strength!

• Like 4

Verified Member
1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

It will be nice to tuck away a couple of top prospects the next 2 seasons, but it doesn't necessarily need to happen.

I'd love to see us get a couple larger defenders or maybe a couple big wingers to compliment out current smaller skill players and make teams think twice about trying to run us over.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, viper3119 said:

I'd love to see us get a couple larger defenders or maybe a couple big wingers to compliment out current smaller skill players and make teams think twice about trying to run us over.

We are stacked with skilled prospects under 6'.  It's going to be expensive to bring in size and skill.  There aren't too many GM's out there willing to trade a Coyle for a Donato.

We better draft for size.

• Like 4

Verified Member

Bill is ridiculous. He is saying he has no regrets on the extensions because you don’t trade those players unless you’re rebuilding. We aren’t rebuilding he says. He can’t have it both ways. If your not rebuilding than your team is terrible and it’s on you for the terrible job your doing. If your not rebuilding than you’ve just wasted 5 years of kappy . He could have been gunslinging trades to surround kappy with talent. Flipping Vegas pulls off trades and keeps rolling. I read yesterday the next three years they still have  3 1st s , 2 2nds and 3 3rds  . Not sure if that’s before or after Hanifin. They get everyone and still have high picks. Amazing. 5 years of Billy , we’ve got Fred and the most entitled lazy  team I’ve seen from the wild. Billy knows this team has never been close to a cup. So what the hell are they playing for? Bad draft picks!!

competitive rebuild is a business decision. It Is not a hockey decision about winning a cup. To think of all the draft capital he’s wasted at trade deadline to do nothing in playoffs or make playoffs is incredible. To say Billy is doing what’s best for the wild is a joke. It’s what’s best for Craig not the fans who pay the bills. Can’t wait for Billy’s end season presser where he cry’s about buyouts that he says aren’t an excuse. Then he’ll go into injuries were the cause. Once again his fault he had no depth because he wasted money on guys in press box. Billy’s asking us to wait ten years to find out his competitive rebuild was a joke.  It’s obvious he has no clue what he’s doing or how to build . He’s a fool who gets out negotiated by bottom 6 players.  It’s so frustrating watching him waste kappy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

Duhammer traded to the Av's. Not sure I like him being in the division. Hopefully they got value to do that trade.

source?  Twitter??  Hopefully we got a 3rd or higher.  Expecting a 4th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Billy’s asking us to wait ten years to find out his competitive rebuild was a joke.

That's my big worry. He's done little to show me he will manage the end of the buyouts with any success. Hopefully I'm wrong because if not, we just wasted another decade. And you're right, to bad we don't have the Vegas GM...

Verified Member
On 3/7/2024 at 12:40 PM, Dean said:

To say Billy is doing what’s best for the wild is a joke. It’s what’s best for Craig not the fans who pay the bills.

Dean, you rant on about this and it's driving you crazy. Just asking, but who do you think Bill Guerin answers to? I can safely say, it's not the fans. The fans didn't hire him and the fans won't be able to fire him. 

He is here at the pleasure of the owner. If the owner thinks he's doing a great job, he gets to stay, if the owner thinks he isn't, he gets canned. That's just the way it works.