Hockey Wilderness

Article: Liam Ohgren’s Mature Game Makes Him A Clutch Performer

6 minutes ago, viper3119 said:

Bogo extended! 2 years at 1.25 aav and no no trade protections.

I also heard that Luchinni and Lettieri were placed on wavers.  Either someone is returning from injury or K-Nut is arriving soon.

• Like 6

Verified Member
1 hour ago, MNCountryLife said:

I also heard that Luchinni and Lettieri were placed on wavers.  Either someone is returning from injury or K-Nut is arriving soon.

Sorry to see the L-----i boys go, but it would be nice to see K-Nut before the TDL if possible. 

Of course, looking at Shaw's example, it's also very possible he'll be stuck "acclimating" for a week or two until we're well and truly out of the playoff picture...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MNCountryLife said:

Super Mario bros to Iowa?   This must mean Foligno and maroon are on way back.  Or does this telegraph some TDL change?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MNCountryLife said:

I see that listed in the NHL transactions, Lucchini and Lettieri waived.

I hadn't heard of any NHLers returning from injury. Maybe they'll call someone else up from IA, or maybe Dino did arrive early. I suppose a player could also be coming in via trade, but the next game is Thursday and they only have 11 healthy forwards on the roster now, if my count is correct.

• Like 2

Verified Member

Lucchini and Lettieri could be headed down to be eligible to play in the playoffs in Iowa should the Baby Wild get there. While their season has been trash, they are within striking distance of the #5 seed and playoff experience could help the organization. 

On to the article. What it looks like to me, is that Ohgren seems to have a lot of Niederreiter in him. He's more of a score first wing and will probably have a 55-45 goals/assists split %. The difference is that Niederreiter is a hot/cold type of player, and Ohgren is more clutch like Williams. 

But, with his injury this season, I have to wonder if he'll be ready next season to make the jump? I also take exception to the 187 listed weight measurement. At the draft, I believe he was listed at close to 202, and his dad is a trainer. I would be shocked if he arrives here under 200 lbs. My hope is he knows how to use it and doesn't mind bouncing defenders around.

• Like 1

I don't think we will see Ohgren and Johansson together on a line. Or at least I sincerely hope we don't, as it would mean that we probably extended MoJo again. I think Oghren is going to get all of next season down in the AHL rather than immediately cracking the lineup. 

I do think you've got him accurately pegged as a 3rd liner though, and I can easily see Hartman joining on his wing. Rather than Johansson, however, I imagine it would be Foligno on the other side. Assuming Oghren only becomes an Ek-lite player, that still is a crucial ingredient for a Cup run as it would give us a revamped shutdown line with some sneaky offensive skill again, which is something we are missing since promoting Ek to the top line. 

Hopefully he learns quickly in the AHL and we see him in '25-'26 with the big club 'cause that will be a huge development for the team! 

• Like 3