Hockey Wilderness

Central Division woes.

Verified Member

No sublime intro paragraph or literary masterpiece here with analytics and collaterals like the writers at HW.com...

I’ve already reduced the notes and here’s the conclusion. The Wild suck in the Central. They’re like 5-10 and that’s considering Chicago and Arizona have accounted for three of their wins. Don’t ask me how they beat Nashville or STL, but the Wild don’t have the confidence or consistency to beat anybody decent in the Central.

Maybe you guys can theorize why the Wild are this way, but it’s ungly. I notice their best games, they might win 40% of draws. They gave up goals on lost face offs in both of the last games, so you can connect the dots there. Also when you look a the Wild’s size and style of hockey, it’s not a bruising and battling group down the roster. Instead there’s a shitload of Euros and little guys. 

The Wild need to lose more. Not cause they shouldn’t try. I’m just hoping for them to lose. They can’t beat good Central teams, let alone be consistent enough to win 4 of 7 against bigger, equally fast or skilled teams with fewer injuries, greater depth, and stat-lines that give them additional advantage. Just forget it, they can pretty much only beat Chicago on a regular basis.

Does anyone really think the Wild can enter the class with Dallas or Colorado at the top of the Central in 2023-24? Everything to this point show the Wild are exactly what we thought they were. Middling team in a sideways year with injuries and confidence issues on top of depth deficiencies and cap constraints. They’ve been entertaining and I won’t quit pulling for the Wild. Just that now I’m pulling for them to get a good pick while limping to the finish line and nobody else gets a 6-month long LBI.

Verified Member

The Wild are the smallest team in the Central.

This thread probably doesn't get any action cause you simply can't say anything more concise and on point than these two posts.

I thought the worst threads with the least interaction was the game threads, but I'll find a way to post stuff that gets less engagement and interest.

Maybe the new 5'9" Russian will tip the scales for the Wild??? I do think he's got more heart, guts, and motor than NoJo so that's cool. Guerin needs to take a look at this year and find some answers. The Wild aren't just handicapped by penalties from buyouts alone.

Verified Member

I wonder if we could make a move on a guy like Patrick Laine in a year if hes not ruined ,   I just dont know what the cost would be or if the gamble is worth it  maybe hes looking for a new start or maybe Columbus wants to do aswell .

1 hour ago, Protec said:

The Wild are the smallest team in the Central.

This thread probably doesn't get any action cause you simply can't say anything more concise and on point than these two posts.

I thought the worst threads with the least interaction was the game threads, but I'll find a way to post stuff that gets less engagement and interest.

Maybe the new 5'9" Russian will tip the scales for the Wild??? I do think he's got more heart, guts, and motor than NoJo so that's cool. Guerin needs to take a look at this year and find some answers. The Wild aren't just handicapped by penalties from buyouts alone.

I'm hoping K-nut is more Zuccarello and less Sam Steele

16 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

Yes of course it has.  The acceptable term now is Lil Tyke

Sweet.  Maybe we should start handing out pacifiers to the Wild players.  Better yet... mouthguards that look like pacifiers?  Nice little green mouthguard with a ring on the outside?

Adorable!

• Haha 1

Verified Member

So as the Wild lose another Central division game against a rival for critical points in the playoff race, it makes ya wonder how the Blues keep getting guys like Kyrou, Thomas, and Neighbours all while drafting in the 20's with their first pick every year. They also drafted Tage Thompson prior to winning a Cup. 

I dunno, just weird. Whenever the Wild have big important games, especially playoffs, the Fialas, Boldys, everyone pretty much gets showed up by the other team's top guys or young prospects. I say weird because the Wild have talented guys. They just never step up in the biggest situations. 

The Wild finally won the majority of draws in a game but taking seven penalties and not scoring on the PP probably didn't help.