Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marc-Andre Fleury Is the Second-Best Goalie Of His Generation

Verified Member

He's good but he's always been kind of a wild card. He can be great and you've seen him beat the Wild in Vegas but he can also give up 5-7 goals, get caught out of the net for gaffes, do more post-tapping and Zamboni door visits than the Zam itself.

Let's hope for the Wild's sake, he goes .970% undefeated all the way to the Cup in the next 40+ games. Then he can retire in style. 😁

Very interesting and informative article, Justin!

There's only one thing the GSAx can't measure, and that's the save timing. I don't even know how you can measure that, except for just know who makes the big save when it's needed. 

Of course, that "knowing" will mostly be remembered by the local fanbase whether or not their guy could lock it down when it counted the most. 

How much of an overlap was the career of Martin Brodeur?

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
2 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Very interesting and informative article, Justin!

There's only one thing the GSAx can't measure, and that's the save timing. I don't even know how you can measure that, except for just know who makes the big save when it's needed. 

Of course, that "knowing" will mostly be remembered by the local fanbase whether or not their guy could lock it down when it counted the most. 

How much of an overlap was the career of Martin Brodeur?

First of all, thank you! Appreciate you reading and continuing to come back! There was a little overlap in Brodeur's career, but it wasn't fair to compare Brodeur's last quarter of his career to MAF's peak. Same reason I didn't want to compare the last dance of MAF's career with some of today's younger goalies. But also in the same vein, Brodeur's stats post the analytic movement have not been kind...

• Like 1

Verified Member

Why was  Beckmann sent back to minors without a start ? Is he so bad that Freddy g s 10 points on the season an a -12  is better than giving a young so called prospect a shot . Oh yeah it’s the clauses, they   can’t do anything with Fred. Just 4 more years of the insanity. Wow such a bad contract. No way to put lipstick on that pig of a contract. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:36 PM, Justin Wiggins said:

First of all, thank you! Appreciate you reading and continuing to come back!

We're coming up on about a year since the merger site was launched. I've got to say that I've been pleased with the content, but there is one more factor that I find really intriguing: The willingness of some authors to jump into the comments and defend or expand on their articles.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do think that the majority of commenters like having an interaction with the authors, or even moderators on articles not their own. It also gives us a sense that the authors check back in to see how the comments are going and get immediate feedback on their writing content/presentation/style. 

I'm sure that over the course of research, and some of these articles are heavily researched, there is a lot of content that never makes it into the article. Being able to further explain what was found is kind of fun....and a real conversation. 

We check back in because many of us are scattered around the country and have very little outlet for Wild fandom. We also check back in because the articles have good content, and we can get an escape from the everyday hammering of political speech. I appreciate that this is kept to a minimum here, but also acknowledge that the 2 paths cross once in awhile. 

I hope the site is doing well, but I've got to conclude that this has been an upgrade, at least for me, over the former Vox media that I once visited often. Thanks guys for elevating the bar!

• Like 3