Hockey Wilderness

Article: Brock Faber Is Racking Up Accolades

Verified Member

Brocklanders is my new top Fāb defenseman for the Wild. Dumba, gone! Spurgeon, gone! Brodin, chop-liver. Middleton, might as well keep him. The other guys, Mermatitis we can live with although it's annoying. 

• Confused 2

To me, it looks like Faber has impressed quite a few voters for this award. The thing about Faber is he dominates other statistics than Bedard would by being a defenseman. Things like first pair, shut down defender, TOI, PPQB, and +/- are stats where he will be better than Bedard. Bedard, one would expect as a forward will dominate the points category. 

I think there will be some head to head matchups where we will look and see how well Bedard does against Faber on the ice. That could be a determining factor in Calder votes since they should see each other 4 times this year.

I'd also point out that availability and durability are both abilities. 

• Like 2

Verified Member

Let's face it, he's the Wild's best defenseman right now. 

Spurgeon is missed and Brodin is not chop-liver but since when does he score 25+ points?

It's the transition now between old defenseman base and new future of the Wild's defense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Protec said:

Let's face it, he's the Wild's best defenseman right now. 

Spurgeon is missed and Brodin is not chop-liver but since when does he score 25+ points?

It's the transition now between old defenseman base and new future of the Wild's defense.

And with that in mind the Wild need to draft big nasty defensemen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1