Hockey Wilderness

Article: Will the Elias Lindholm Trade Kick-Start the Wild's Deadline Plans?

I don’t see the Wild moving Mids. They are still a couple years out with the development of their young D. Keep Mids and there’s still room to add another mid tier D. I think the value of having 6 -7 really solid defenders cannot be overstated. 

• Like 3

Agree that Maroon / Duhaime / Middleton is the order I'd prefer GMBG to consider moving pieces at the deadline.  Duhaime was supposed (I thought) to be Foligno 2.0, but that hasn't worked out, and Moose will be around a while.

I really hope Dewar sticks around, but he would be another possible trade piece, along with Bogosian.  

Do you think there's any chance we move Goligoski and/or Merrill? Please?

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
14 hours ago, bisopher said:

Agree that Maroon / Duhaime / Middleton is the order I'd prefer GMBG to consider moving pieces at the deadline.  Duhaime was supposed (I thought) to be Foligno 2.0, but that hasn't worked out, and Moose will be around a while.

I really hope Dewar sticks around, but he would be another possible trade piece, along with Bogosian.  

Do you think there's any chance we move Goligoski and/or Merrill? Please?

Would YOU want Merrill?

• Haha 3

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
14 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

I don’t see the Wild moving Mids. They are still a couple years out with the development of their young D. Keep Mids and there’s still room to add another mid tier D. I think the value of having 6 -7 really solid defenders cannot be overstated. 

This is true, only give him away for a royal return.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 2:08 AM, RangerDave62 said:

Maybe take a little less for Mids if trade partner also takes Merrill.

While I see this as tongue in cheek, Merrill is completely buriable in the A which would open up cap space. We have not tried to pass him through waivers because of fear that he might get claimed (or might get Chisholmed). Merrill would certainly be considered a depth veteran player, and you need those guys in the playoffs. He's not an everyday player anymore as his skills have gone below Prosser's when he played the #7 position. 

I question anyone here who suggests that Middleton is on the table. The only thing Middleton has, or doesn't have, is a designation. However, Middleton adds something to the lineup that we would have trouble replicating for a guy his age. Bogosian plays a similar game, but Middleton is faster and better. Middleton is an answer for some years to come, Bogosian is not. 

If you look at what we have coming up, there is no one in the Middleton class in the minors or in jrs. It isn't necessarily about what you can get for Middleton, it's more about how do you replace him. If we had a guy in Iowa who was about ready and big, I could see it, but we simply have nobody there who can do what he does. So what, he brings you a 2nd round pick. Then you wait 4-5 years for that guy to be ready. We would need that guy ready by next fall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

He's not an everyday player anymore as his skills have gone below Prosser's when he played the #7 position. 

Haha... Prosser is a pretty good yardstick for evaluating #7D.  You know you have a good D corp if your 7D is Prosser.  

Unfortunately, Merrill, Goligoski, and Mermis are below Prosser IMO.

• Like 1