Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild vs. Flames (7:00 p.m.)

If I was the coach I would tell them to stop the passing and shoot the damn puck!!!  The extra passes are to covered guys, hitting sticks or skates. When you have all your key people out, shoot and crash the net. Poor coaching 

always amazes me pros don’t know this. Was taught as a pee wee level player. 

15 minutes ago, Skomonkey said:

If I was the coach I would tell them to stop the passing and shoot the damn puck!!!  The extra passes are to covered guys, hitting sticks or skates. When you have all your key people out, shoot and crash the net. Poor coaching 

always amazes me pros don’t know this. Was taught as a pee wee level player. 

Yep. Team game infinitely more important when your talent is out of the lineup. 

Goose. I understand you losing some physical ability to play the position at an older age, but you are not old enough to be getting too dumb to play the position. I truly do not understand your decision making most of the time. 

NoJo. I am really confused why you would dump that with no one in position and an empty net. That said, good push tonight boys given the circumstances. Continuing to run this lineup out there and expect to score is going to be tough. 

Tough game to watch tonight reminded me of the Jacque “the strap” Lemaire expansion years

takeaways from this game: if any of the Iowa Wild play up I’d vote for only letteri, petan and Merm-diesel.  Mermis is a sturdy dman who don’t take no shit. Sammy “crazy legs” Walker is just not an nhl’r and I am done waiting for him to become Eric Haula. He just doesn’t have what Haula has, whatever that is. Jake Mancini is an equipment manager, not nhl’r. 

hot take: time for the whispers to start re Boldy’s ability to create his own offense.  I don’t question his hands/vision/IQ but I’m beginning to wonder about his motor.  
tonight’s lineup of spare parts made me appreciate NoJo’s game.