Hockey Wilderness

Article: The 12 Days of Wild Hockey Christmas

Mikki Tuohy

Since this is the latest article, I thought I'd just ask this question: How long must we put up with Evason? He appears to have 0 answers to the PK at this point, and once again the Wild let in 4 special teams goals and scored 1 special teams goal vs. Detroit.

4 on 4 I consider special teams and 6-5 is also special teams. Plus 2 PP goals given up. We need better. We're not getting it from this coaching staff. Is Bob Woods a possible interim head coach? I don't see another way, but it was fairly obvious this afternoon that this team played a pretty frustrated game. You could see it particularly in Boldy's game. 

We've made a trade already, jettisoning Addison and adding Bogosian. We're seriously lacking in RHS forwards, to the point that we have nobody who can occupy Ovechkin's office. Now what? To me, the coaching change is pretty much the last button to push, and we are eerily close to seeing GMBG have to pull that lever. 

So, perhaps we should be looking more at the 12 days until a coaching change?

• Like 3

I'd also like to dive into the prospects, and thanks, Mikki, for pointing them out.

1. Firstov is still having a very nice year, he's at 10-10-20 in 35gp
  2. Heidt is 13-28-41 in 21 gp
  3. Yurov is 10-14-24 in 31gp
  4. Haight is 8-18-26 in 21 gp
  5. Rieger Lorenz is 6-4-10 in 14 gp. That is 1 more point than all last season
  6. Spacek scored his 1st goal
  7. Stramel got his 1st goal
  8. Ohgren is playing again and got his 1st goal
  9. Still no Bankier, Milne, or Hentges
  10. Lambos has tied for the lead in points for D with O'Rourke 1-4-5. Points have been far harder to come by in the A for our young defenders. I'd say they are not ready yet. They may need another season in the A. We'll be looking for improvement. Last season, Lambos was a +/- wiz, he's a -6 this season. Welcome to the A!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

Since this is the latest article, I thought I'd just ask this question: How long must we put up with Evason? He appears to have 0 answers to the PK at this point, and once again the Wild let in 4 special teams goals and scored 1 special teams goal vs. Detroit.

4 on 4 I consider special teams and 6-5 is also special teams. Plus 2 PP goals given up. We need better. We're not getting it from this coaching staff. Is Bob Woods a possible interim head coach? I don't see another way, but it was fairly obvious this afternoon that this team played a pretty frustrated game. You could see it particularly in Boldy's game. 

We've made a trade already, jettisoning Addison and adding Bogosian. We're seriously lacking in RHS forwards, to the point that we have nobody who can occupy Ovechkin's office. Now what? To me, the coaching change is pretty much the last button to push, and we are eerily close to seeing GMBG have to pull that lever. 

So, perhaps we should be looking more at the 12 days until a coaching change?

Im wondering if we should just embrace a top 5 pick this year ,  maybe shuffle some Iowans up into the line up just to give them a taste of the NHL   and not really care about their production numbers .

looks like the Oilers could get their 5th overall 1st or the Hawks 3rd overall 1st  since the Wilds came into the league .

21 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

I'd also like to dive into the prospects, and thanks, Mikki, for pointing them out.

1. Firstov is still having a very nice year, he's at 10-10-20 in 35gp
  2. Heidt is 13-28-41 in 21 gp
  3. Yurov is 10-14-24 in 31gp
  4. Haight is 8-18-26 in 21 gp
  5. Rieger Lorenz is 6-4-10 in 14 gp. That is 1 more point than all last season
  6. Spacek scored his 1st goal
  7. Stramel got his 1st goal
  8. Ohgren is playing again and got his 1st goal
  9. Still no Bankier, Milne, or Hentges
  10. Lambos has tied for the lead in points for D with O'Rourke 1-4-5. Points have been far harder to come by in the A for our young defenders. I'd say they are not ready yet. They may need another season in the A. We'll be looking for improvement. Last season, Lambos was a +/- wiz, he's a -6 this season. Welcome to the A!

I haven't seen anything on Kuzzy over in Russia. Is he hurt?