Hockey Wilderness

Article: Dakota Mermis Is Finally Getting His Chance

Luke Sims

Mermis has not looked bad per my eye test. He isn't going to be confused with Bobby Orr I think he is better at this point than Goose and Merrill. That is a pretty low bar to surpass. What i wonder is if this keeps up does BG find a way to move on from Merrill and Goose? Does that somehow lead to Hunt and/or Lambos getting a longer look?

• Like 1

Mermis is being given the chance at a good time and I like watching him. He's an upgrade over Merrill, Gologoski, and possibly the slacker Middleton. I haven't really seen Mermis pull a 'Dumba' yet. He plays more physical than Addison. His +/- has to be a lot better than Addison, and Addison was QBing the PP for awhile. Addison was a mistake. Move on. Good Article

• Like 1

The Merrill Middleton extensions look terrible now. Why we needed  to extend guys who are best at being the 7 th d. Press box guys. Makes no sense. Just like Fred, zucc , moose , Hartman and goose extensions won’t and haven’t aged well .  We’ve paid goose a ton over the years to not play. Maybe if we took his salary you could get an nhler better than mermis . 
   I have no problem with mermis . He is what he is. A good call up. Nothing more. We don’t need another 5 year 30 yr old Ahl Fred extension for him. It’s a reflection on Bill that a 30 yr old ahl er is better than middles and Merrill . It’s why we’re at the bottom of the standings. Bill has doubled down on stupid. 
   The top 6 and 4 th line are undersized and weak.  Same with our d core . Our so called speed and quickness doesn’t seem to handle size and skill . For example, Spurg gets run over during playoff time. . He needs a big partner to play heavy. Not Middleton . This collection of players isn’t going to get past a round let alone get to playoffs the way things are going. Vegas has a huge d core and forwards that play with size and skill So does Colorado , Tampa, Carolina, , Florida etc… Bills idea of small guys who lose a lot of face offs and play like they’re small won’t win a cup. There’s an advantage to size and strength. It’s important in playoffs. We have little guys that are always one hit away from ir . Not a great playoff strategy.  This team needs a lot of change! 

The Merrill Middleton extensions look terrible now. Why we needed  to extend guys who are best at being the 7 th d. Press box guys. Makes no sense. Just like Fred, zucc , moose , Hartman and goose extensions won’t and haven’t aged well .  We’ve paid goose a ton over the years to not play. Maybe if we took his salary you could get an nhler better than mermis . 
   I have no problem with mermis . He is what he is. A good call up. Nothing more. We don’t need another 5 year 30 yr old Ahl Fred extension for him. It’s a reflection on Bill that a 30 yr old ahl er is better than middles and Merrill . It’s why we’re at the bottom of the standings. Bill has doubled down on stupid. 
   The top 6 and 4 th line are undersized and weak.  Same with our d core . Our so called speed and quickness doesn’t seem to handle size and strength especially when they are also skilled. For example, Spurg gets run over during playoff time. Great reg season d man  but terrible in playoffs. He needs a big partner to play heavy for him.  Not Middleton . This collection of players isn’t going to get past a round let alone get to playoffs the way things are going. Vegas has a huge d core and forwards that play with size, skill and strength.So does Colorado , Tampa, Carolina, , Florida etc… Bills idea of small guys who lose a lot of face offs and play like they’re small won’t win a cup or a round. There’s an advantage to size and strength. It’s important in playoffs. We have little guys that are always one hit away from ir . Not a great playoff strategy.  This team needs a lot of change!