Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Can the Wild Do To Get More From Joel Eriksson Ek?

Get more?  He's the leading scorer, even being set to the third line again.  He just needs to play, and things will work as they have been.

I would have said put Ek on first line with Kap, but Rossi and Boldy proved to be good.  Ek has also had great rapport with Maroon and Foligno.

Ek is a great player, and just needs to maintain.  The only way to get more out of him at this rate would be to clone him.

• Like 5

I kind of laughed when I read the title of the article.  Ek brings just about everything you want in a player to the table and does it every night.   But I thought the article made some excellent points on how to better use him especially on the power play.  He is kind of an afterthought on the PP.  Why?  Make him a primary target.  Ek rarely disappoints and usually excels at whatever you ask of him.

2 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

He's the leading scorer, even being set to the third line again.

Eriksson Ek is still playing the most minutes of any Wild forward not named Kaprizov, and had more TOI than him last game.

Which line JEE plays on at even strength doesn't seem to matter too much since he can be used extensively on both PP and PK.