Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marco Rossi Is Refusing To Fail

Tony Abbott

First line woes are pointing at Zucc.  He can't hold onto the puck and has to resort to the Hail Mary pass in traffic that gets through 10% of the time. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Rossi on the line but there needs to be a fundamental shift in the manner in which we use KK97.  He has so much talent and it's going down the drain into this cross ice through traffic hoping a bounce goes our way to score a goal tactic.

• Like 3

Kaprizov is too pass happy.  If Rossi is as goal seeking as the games are suggesting, he would be a decent option.  The main issue is Kaprizov and Zuccarello are too busy being best buds to actually focus on peppering the net.  Maybe a Rossi/Boldy tandem with KK, sending Zucc to work with Ek and Johansson.  Hartman's been on fire lately, but something has to get Kaprizov out of this "I get points, but not by myself" funk.  He's the star, he should be playing like it.

However, when Hartman, Ek, and Rossi are all playing better, that's on him for not being selfish and just beating the other team like other stars do.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

Maybe a Rossi/Boldy tandem with KK, sending Zucc to work with Ek and Johansson.  Hartman's been on fire lately, but something has to get Kaprizov out of this "I get points, but not by myself" funk.  He's the star, he should be playing like it.

However, when Hartman, Ek, and Rossi are all playing better, that's on him for not being selfish and just beating the other team like other stars do.

When watching Kaprizov, he looks like he's really pressing, gripping the stick too tight. He needs a goal in the worst way right now. I think if he gets one, the faucet opens up for him.

Has anyone else noticed that Kaprizov had drawn assignments as the wing to Foligno and Rossi? I wonder if they're just checking out to see if Kaprizov and Rossi have any chemistry together? I also would like to see what a Boldy-Rossi-Kaprizov line could look like. 

But, I'd have to say, if a C is elevated, Ek should get 1st shot. 

• Like 2