Hockey Wilderness

Article: Guerin and Evason Finally Have Their Tough Guy Who Can Actually Play

Justin Wiggins

Maroon is a great add. I’ve always liked his game. Calling Merrill and Middleton rugged defensemen  is funny.  I don’t see any toughness to their game. Fred played top six minutes all last year and had 35 pts and a well below 50% face off . He played with the top line an Boldy line and never looked good with either.  I don’t see how he fits with this team for the next 5 years .  This team is weak an other teams have their way with us. No ruggedness or toughness at all!!!  Freddy is not a gritty player unless gritty means stick checking.  

• Like 1

Seriously? This is exactly what BG & DE have been waiting for? Interesting.  I can tell you Wild fans have been waiting for a cup. This is yet another example of a dumb signing that does not move the needle one inch towards a cup. These "fist first" guys are a dime a dozen. I swear BG and DE are trying to reconstruct the '78 Flyers. Earth to BG,  it's 2023. Speed and skill are needed to win in the NHL. The Wild look more and more like a bar league squad. The results so far speak the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maroon is a 4th line grinder now playing on the 2nd line and looking VERY out of place there.  He has slick hands, but is incredibly slow and WAY over-matched there.  He is what Moose will be in 1-2 years, except makes 4 times less money.  I like him for what he brings and his role, and his salary, but let's not get too over-excited about it.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outskated said:

re.  He is what Moose will be in 1-2 years, except makes 4 times less money

I hope you’re wrong but I’m afraid you’llbe right.  Maroon at least has hands.  Foligno is fast enough currently to stay with the play and deliver a hit.  What does he bring after he’s lost a step?

With the way officiating treats us, we need our own enforcer on the ice. Crazy Eyes is going to be very entertaining. Yes, he's slow, but he is also very aware of what's on the ice and what he can do. He chooses the simple play because that's what he can confidently do. 

I am waiting for the meltdown, though. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen one yet.

7 hours ago, Outskated said:

Maroon is a 4th line grinder now playing on the 2nd line and looking VERY out of place there.  He has slick hands, but is incredibly slow and WAY over-matched there.  He is what Moose will be in 1-2 years, except makes 4 times less money.  I like him for what he brings and his role, and his salary, but let's not get too over-excited about it.  

I don't really like seeing him on the PP's 2'nd unit either.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Outskated said:

Exactly 

• Like 1